RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

ATK needs Glib 2.2

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

ATK needs Glib 2.2 JBuck814366460@aol.com 17 Nov 20:13
  ATK needs Glib 2.2 Carol Spears 17 Nov 20:45
JBuck814366460@aol.com
2004-11-17 20:13:24 UTC (over 19 years ago)

ATK needs Glib 2.2

Hi all, i have a minor problem with compiling the atk thing needed to make the GIMP work. It configures properly, but then i get an error message stating that while it found the latest version of Glib on my Linux machine (2.5 something?) it recommends then that i remove the old 2.2 version on the machine for the compile to proceed. Problem is, i don't know where or how to remove the old version.

Can anyone help me here? I'm new to compiling programs for use on Linux, so a little step-by-step walkthrough would be beneficial for me.

Cheers,

Jared

Carol Spears
2004-11-17 20:45:46 UTC (over 19 years ago)

ATK needs Glib 2.2

On Wed, Nov 17, 2004 at 02:13:24PM -0500, JBuck814366460@aol.com wrote:

Hi all, i have a minor problem with compiling the atk thing needed to make the GIMP work. It configures properly, but then i get an error message stating that while it found the latest version of Glib on my Linux machine (2.5 something?) it recommends then that i remove the old 2.2 version on the machine for the compile to proceed. Problem is, i don't know where or how to remove the old version.

Can anyone help me here? I'm new to compiling programs for use on Linux, so a little step-by-step walkthrough would be beneficial for me.

just a quick guess here, i think that you have an old development package from a distribution somewhere.

first thing to do is to determine how to remove software via your distributions package manager. debian uses "apt-get remove package-name", redhat and kin use "rpm -r package-name". packages with "-dev" in the name can cause two problems. they cause "make" to find header files in the wrong place or a wrong package-name.pc file in the package-config stuff.

i am going to warn you, i havent had trouble building gimp in a while, so there might be several details here that are not exactly correct or expressed very well.

a place i might start if i had this problem is "man pkg-config" and see what sort of information you can get from that.

carol