RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Re: just got a nigerian phish

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

6 of 6 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Re: just got a nigerian phish apee 27 Jul 18:01
  Re: just got a nigerian phish John_D 27 Jul 19:27
   Re: just got a nigerian phish josephbupe 28 Jul 05:51
    Re: just got a nigerian phish John_D 28 Jul 10:14
     Re: just got a nigerian phish apee 28 Jul 21:57
    Re: just got a nigerian phish GeneRickyShaw 29 Jul 05:32
2016-07-27 18:01:13 UTC (over 7 years ago)
postings

I received a "private message" from some criminal $%#@! in Nigeria. ("I need YOUR help getting my bank funds unfrozen!!") How do I go about reporting it so this "person" can be taken off? BTW In my reply I told whomever where they could go and to "f" off. Cheers!

2016-07-27 19:27:08 UTC (over 7 years ago)
postings

Yes, I got one too, and would like to report it. She would like me to help her invest US$2,500,000 and "will gladly give you some reasonable percent".

2016-07-28 05:51:53 UTC (over 7 years ago)
postings

Yes, I got one too, and would like to report it. She would like me to help her invest US$2,500,000 and "will gladly give you some reasonable percent".

I also got one from a Miss Rita Benson with a ID: ritabb

It seems they have invaded the site.

joseph

2016-07-28 10:14:32 UTC (over 7 years ago)
postings

Mine was from "Rita Benson" too. If you Google her, you'll find she has been at it for at least two years, though she has come down in the world: in 2014 she had $6,500,000 to invest. I wonder what happened to the other $4,000,000.

You would think that once featured as an example on www.419scam.org she would try a different name, but I have read that these 419 messages are deliberately crude and suspicious-looking, because the scammers want to weed out all but the seriously greedy and gullible. From their point of view, there is no point hooking someone alert and sensible, who will only waste their time.

2016-07-28 21:57:12 UTC (over 7 years ago)
postings

Well, I went ghetto and cursed him/her out and tried to throw some deep shade by threatening to drop dimes to the FBI/CIA/etc. Like you say, dumber than a sack of rusty hammers and even more useless. Cheers!

Mine was from "Rita Benson" too. If you Google her, you'll find she has been at it for at least two years, though she has come down in the world: in 2014 she had $6,500,000 to invest. I wonder what happened to the other $4,000,000.

You would think that once featured as an example on www.419scam.org she would try a different name, but I have read that these 419 messages are deliberately crude and suspicious-looking, because the scammers want to weed out all but the seriously greedy and gullible. From their point of view, there is no point hooking someone alert and sensible, who will only waste their time.

2016-07-29 05:32:42 UTC (over 7 years ago)
postings

I also got one from a Miss Rita Benson with a ID: ritabb

It seems they have invaded the site.

joseph

I got the same one; where can I report it? Or will this be enough?