RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Gimp-user Digest, Vol 26, Issue 41

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

20041113102149.5909611EF3@l... 07 Oct 20:16
  Gimp-user Digest, Vol 26, Issue 23 Asif Lodhi 14 Nov 12:18
20041124200020.7DD4912EAA@l... 07 Oct 20:16
  Gimp-user Digest, Vol 26, Issue 41 WearTheArmor 25 Nov 00:12
Asif Lodhi
2004-11-14 12:18:21 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Gimp-user Digest, Vol 26, Issue 23

Hi

I did something like this.

I created a small line using the small-size brush tip from the brush styles. Click with your brush on the canvas to indicate the start of the line and then
shift click on the canvas where you want the line to end. This will create a thin straight line - I used default colors - black on white. I then selected the fuzzy selection tool (the Magic Wand) and clicked on the white background. This selected the white background - not the black line. I then inverted the selection by using Select/Invert - this resulted in the line itself being selected and everything else deselected. I then converted the selection to path and used the path (pen?) tool to bend it to an S-Curve.

If you can, somehow, clear the background of your image clean then may be you can do the same with your image of a straight line.

Best

Asif

On Tue, Nov 09, 2004 at 03:44:52PM -0800, Barton Bosch wrote:

What are the best ways to take an image of a straight line and bend it into an s-curve with The GIMP? I have tried the perspective and shear tools as well as the distort->curve bend filter without producing an ideal result.

In a word: iwarp .

Search for the iwarp filter in the Distorts menu - that is your man.

Huh, I tried the Iwarp filter but it seems to be broken (GIMP 2.0.4 from the FC2 rpm).

It showed the layer in the preview window but regardless of any changes in parameters it didn't alter the image at all. Did I miss something, is this a known problem or a mystery?

Barton

WearTheArmor
2004-11-25 00:12:07 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Gimp-user Digest, Vol 26, Issue 41

The plug in registry isn't working on gimp.org (specifically registry.gimp.org). My guess would be a problem with the sub-domain. I'm quite familiar with 500 errors as I had them while I was setting up subdomains on my home computer. Otherwise it is a scripting prob.

Wear

===== --
WearTheArmor

http://www.wearthearmor.com