RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

How to get rid of "OK" "Cancel" "Reset" images on buttons?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

7 of 7 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

How to get rid of "OK" "Cancel" "Reset" images on buttons? Nonexistent Entity 10 Nov 21:50
  How to get rid of "OK" "Cancel" "Reset" images on buttons? Sven Neumann 10 Nov 23:31
   How to get rid of "OK" "Cancel" "Reset" images on buttons? Nonexistent Entity 11 Nov 06:49
   How to get rid of "OK" "Cancel" "Reset" images on buttons? GSR - FR 11 Nov 18:59
    How to get rid of "OK" "Cancel" "Reset" images on buttons? Nonexistent Entity 11 Nov 20:57
     How to get rid of "OK" "Cancel" "Reset" images on buttons? GSR - FR 11 Nov 23:29
    How to get rid of "OK" "Cancel" "Reset" images on buttons? Sven Neumann 12 Nov 01:56
Nonexistent Entity
2004-11-10 21:50:11 UTC (over 19 years ago)

These images annoy me very much, how can I get rid of them or at least change them? (withoout compiling Gimp, through themes)

Sven Neumann
2004-11-10 23:31:29 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Hi,

"Nonexistent Entity" writes:

These images annoy me very much, how can I get rid of them or at least change them? (withoout compiling Gimp, through themes)

Install a different GTK+ theme.

Sven

Nonexistent Entity
2004-11-11 06:49:00 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Hi,

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 23:31:29 +0100, Sven Neumann wrote:

I already use a different theme but unfortunately all themes I tried (I tried many) retain these images. I am interested how I can fix it myself in gtkrc or imagerc. In default theme (and others I tried) these files don't have entries for "OK", "Cancel" and "Reset".

Could you please recommend a fix or a theme that doesn't have these images.

Thank you.

GSR - FR
2004-11-11 18:59:28 UTC (over 19 years ago)

sven@gimp.org (2004-11-10 at 2331.29 +0100):

"Nonexistent Entity" writes:

Really? Like which one? Cos it would save me the time of writing:

---88---

Which "seems" to work, but I guess there will be some case in which it will not. The only hope is that with all the GTK+ widget reorg, they pass the GNOME part that handles menus and buttons (or whatever way they do it which allows to have such option in the GNOME config), and can be set via some kind of boolean options like GtkMenu::have_icons and GtkButtons::have_icons. It will probably make integration with other OSes better (some have no icons in buttons or in both) without putting the heavy weight in the theme, as well just making some other users happy in general, btw.

If someone know a better way, tell me.

GSR

Nonexistent Entity
2004-11-11 20:57:35 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Hi,

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 18:59:28 +0100, GSR - FR wrote:

---88---

Which "seems" to work, but I guess there will be some case in which it will not. The only hope is that with all the GTK+ widget reorg, they pass the GNOME part that handles menus and buttons (or whatever way they do it which allows to have such option in the GNOME config), and can be set via some kind of boolean options like GtkMenu::have_icons and GtkButtons::have_icons. It will probably make integration with other OSes better (some have no icons in buttons or in both) without putting the heavy weight in the theme, as well just making some other users happy in general, btw.

If someone know a better way, tell me.

Thank you, GSR - FR

I haven't figured out so far how to use your fix to remove "OK", "Cancel", "Reset", and "Save" icons from buttons though. I tried adding it to gtkrc and imagerc in all locations, overwriting existing image related entries in gtkrc with this. Maybe there's something like

stock["gtk-button-cancel"] ... etc. that I need to add there using this as a template?
(I don't know these stock image variables)

Many thanks again.

GSR - FR
2004-11-11 23:29:41 UTC (over 19 years ago)

a.x@ua.fm (2004-11-11 at 2157.35 +0200):

I haven't figured out so far how to use your fix to remove "OK", "Cancel", "Reset", and "Save" icons from buttons though. I tried adding it to gtkrc and imagerc in all locations, overwriting existing image related entries in gtkrc with this. Maybe there's something like

stock["gtk-button-cancel"] ... etc. that I need to add there using this as a template?
(I don't know these stock image variables)

Yes, that was removed, it was in the big snip part, there are many items. The ones you want are probably gtk-ok, gtk-cancel and gimp-reset (quick look into the list I have) but you will probably still get other buttons with icons. As it is done, you have to define every icon, without exceptions.

The complete file is 40K, another of similar size for the parts that have icon. In total, it makes a 100K or so, plus images (it is a gimp theme experiment atm). I used gtk+'s gle module (from cvs, months ago) to go inspecting everything, and also checking source files from gimp and gtk+ libs to figure all the names.

This is why I ask if there is another way, cos all those things were many afternoons of figuring things. It is easy to understand people think doing themes can be hard, as soon as you are not just over painting icons, it can get complex fast.

GSR

Sven Neumann
2004-11-12 01:56:59 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Hi,

GSR - FR writes:

You could try to work a bit on your style of asking people to do you a favor even though they don't owe you anything and then kindly ask the GTK+ developers for such a setting.

Sven