RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

New layer dialog pop-up

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

New layer dialog pop-up Laszlo 08 Nov 11:40
  New layer dialog pop-up Sven Neumann 08 Nov 12:28
Laszlo
2004-11-08 11:40:28 UTC (over 19 years ago)

New layer dialog pop-up

Hi!

Can I configure Gimp2.2 to disable the new layer pop-up dialog? I think it's more annoying as usable.

What can I set in this popup?: - the layer's name (just a double-click on the layer's name ) - the layer color (90% of case, I think its transparent. If somebody want other color, its just a drag&drop from the colors icon)

In the version 2.2 I see a good progress the eliminate all the pop-ups and simplify it (if can't eliminate it). The measure tool its a good example of it.

If can't be changed by user, can we return the 2.0's way? (just a click, and there is a new layer).

Best regards, Khiraly

Sven Neumann
2004-11-08 12:28:40 UTC (over 19 years ago)

New layer dialog pop-up

Hi,

Laszlo writes:

Can I configure Gimp2.2 to disable the new layer pop-up dialog? I think it's more annoying as usable.

What can I set in this popup?: - the layer's name (just a double-click on the layer's name ) - the layer color (90% of case, I think its transparent. If somebody want other color, its just a drag&drop from the colors icon)

Well, I don't think transparent is the common case. That was the main reason for changing this. The other one is consistency but see my comment below.

In the version 2.2 I see a good progress the eliminate all the pop-ups and simplify it (if can't eliminate it). The measure tool its a good example of it.

If can't be changed by user, can we return the 2.0's way? (just a click, and there is a new layer).

Shift-click to suppress the dialog. This is consistent with a lot of other places where you can Shift-click to skip the dialog and reuse the last-used values.

Sven