RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

change brush size

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

10 of 10 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

change brush size Oscar 08 Nov 08:59
  change brush size Gezim Hoxha 08 Nov 09:38
  change brush size olivier ripoll 08 Nov 09:59
   change brush size Oscar 08 Nov 10:17
    change brush size Dave Neary 08 Nov 10:52
  change brush size Sven Neumann 08 Nov 10:50
   change brush size Oscar 08 Nov 11:16
    change brush size Sven Neumann 08 Nov 11:54
     change brush size Nonexistent Entity 08 Nov 15:18
      change brush size Sven Neumann 08 Nov 16:53
Oscar
2004-11-08 08:59:44 UTC (over 19 years ago)

change brush size

Hi,

I'm italian new user for the Gimp (great!!!!)

I've a question: it's possible quickly change the brush size in the pencil or paintbrush mode?

thanks

Oscar

========================================== key® - Sbabo cucine srl
www.keysbabo.com
========================================== Via Molle 23/A
36030 Montecchio Precalcino (VI)
Tel.0445/864577
Fax 0445/865247
==========================================

Gezim Hoxha
2004-11-08 09:38:11 UTC (over 19 years ago)

change brush size

I don't know what you mean by "quickly" but (if you don't already have this open) do:
File>dialogs>tool options

Then select the pencil (or paintbrush) and click on the little black circle (right beside "Brush) in the windows that says "pencil options" or "Tool Options" in the title bar.

--- Oscar wrote:

Hi,

I've a question: it's possible quickly change the brush size in the
pencil or paintbrush mode?

thanks

Oscar

========================================== key

olivier ripoll
2004-11-08 09:59:24 UTC (over 19 years ago)

change brush size

Oscar wrote:

Hi,

I've a question: it's possible quickly change the brush size in the pencil or paintbrush mode?

thanks

Oscar

Ciao,

Well, unfortunately not that I am aware of. Not yet. It has been mentionned several times and you can hope it will be implemented in the future.

Regards,

Olivier.

PS: I have not found any "enhacement request" for this in the bugzilla. Perhaps time to open one.

Oscar
2004-11-08 10:17:29 UTC (over 19 years ago)

change brush size

Well, unfortunately not that I am aware of. Not yet. It has been mentionned several times and you can hope it will be implemented in the future.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!!! ;-))

I hope for the future..

thanks (and thanks to Gezim also)

Oscar

Sven Neumann
2004-11-08 10:50:17 UTC (over 19 years ago)

change brush size

Hi,

Oscar writes:

You can create yourself a scalable brush by clicking on the "New" button in the Brushes dialog. A Brush editor window will appear that allows you to edit several parameters of the brush. GIMP 2.2 gives you more options here and it also allows you to bind keys to the brush properties. So you could easily set it up so that for example '' increases it. Or you could bind it to a mouse controller so that you can modify the size of the current brush using a modifier (Shift/Control/Alt/...) and the mouse wheel.

In GIMP 2.2 we also include some experimental input controller modules that allow you to use other input devices like for example MIDI devices. So if you have a MIDI keyboard, you could map all sorts of GIMP functions to it :)

Sven

Dave Neary
2004-11-08 10:52:50 UTC (over 19 years ago)

change brush size

Hi,

Quoting Oscar :

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!!! ;-))

I hope for the future..

In 2.2, there is a shortcut editor, and lots of GIMP actions which are not present in menus can have shortcuts associated with them.

Among those are "Next/prev font", "Increase/decrease brush size", "next/prev brush", and many others.

I have the keypad set up to change brush size & sharpness on the fly for me. You can't do this while painting, but you can do it betweel brush strokes.

Cheers, Dave.

--
Dave Neary
Lyon, France

Oscar
2004-11-08 11:16:32 UTC (over 19 years ago)

change brush size

allows you to edit several parameters of the brush. GIMP 2.2 gives you more options here and it also allows you to bind keys to the brush properties. So you could easily set it up so that for example '' increases it. Or you could bind it to a

Fantastic!!! I'm trying just Gimp 2.2 (my compliments!!!!!!!!!)

If I can suggest a thing, I would put one slide bar in the options. Even if I prefer to use the short key!

thanks to all

Oscar

Sven Neumann
2004-11-08 11:54:00 UTC (over 19 years ago)

change brush size

Hi,

Oscar writes:

allows you to edit several parameters of the brush. GIMP 2.2 gives you more options here and it also allows you to bind keys to the brush properties. So you could easily set it up so that for example '' increases it. Or you could bind it to a

Fantastic!!! I'm trying just Gimp 2.2 (my compliments!!!!!!!!!)

If I can suggest a thing, I would put one slide bar in the options. Even if I prefer to use the short key!

Of course there's a slider in the Brush editor. But since that available in GIMP 2.0 already, I didn't mention it explicitely.

Sven

Nonexistent Entity
2004-11-08 15:18:04 UTC (over 19 years ago)

change brush size

Hi,

On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 11:54:00 +0100, Sven Neumann wrote:

Of course there's a slider in the Brush editor. But since that available in GIMP 2.0 already, I didn't mention it explicitely.

But having a Brush Size slider in Tool Options would be absolutely great (especially when painting with stylus without wheel and not wanting to reach for the keyboard). Having to open separate Brush editor (or keep it open) is not really convenient for changing essential property. This would eliminate much confusion for newcomers.

Sven Neumann
2004-11-08 16:53:28 UTC (over 19 years ago)

change brush size

Hi,

"Nonexistent Entity" writes:

But having a Brush Size slider in Tool Options would be absolutely great (especially when painting with stylus without wheel and not wanting to reach for the keyboard). Having to open separate Brush editor (or keep it open) is not really convenient for changing essential property. This would eliminate much confusion for newcomers.

Just add the brush editor to your default docks setup and you are done. I don't think replicating user interface elements that belong to a different dialog is a good idea. It would only clutter the already crowded user interface even more.

Sven