RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

First impression of 2.2pre1

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

5 of 5 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

First impression of 2.2pre1 Laszlo 03 Nov 23:27
  First impression of 2.2pre1 Carol Spears 04 Nov 00:19
   First impression of 2.2pre1 Sven Neumann 04 Nov 10:26
    First impression of 2.2pre1 Carol Spears 04 Nov 16:52
  First impression of 2.2pre1 Sven Neumann 04 Nov 10:24
Laszlo
2004-11-03 23:27:10 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Hi!

I have successfully compiled the 2.2pre1 release (110minutes 6seconds).

Just some remark: The new filechooser is really slow the *first* time. I think its a gtk issue.

When I browse my images the thumbnail generate automatically, where can I disable it?

The preview window (for the plugins) is just magnific, but it would be a little nicer to have an option that its zoom on the image(1:1) or it take the whole image in the preview window.

The iWarp tool have just a small preview area (as before), can it be developped a little bit to have an option zoom in? Bigger preview window and capability zooming in and out.(just for the iWarp).

When I was playing with the new filters the gimp hanged on, but I can't reproduce anymore.:-(

Anyway there are big steps forward! I especially love the new statusbar and the toolbox's active image thumbnail.

Best regards, Khiraly

Carol Spears
2004-11-04 00:19:54 UTC (over 19 years ago)

On Wed, Nov 03, 2004 at 11:27:10PM +0100, Laszlo wrote:

The new filechooser is really slow the *first* time. I think its a gtk issue.

i mentioned that the filechoose is really really slow. i blamed gtk, specifically (as i was corrected) it is the gui-manager. and it is slow the second, third and more times ....

carol

Sven Neumann
2004-11-04 10:24:04 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Hi,

Laszlo writes:

Are you using the gnome-vfs backend? That's the major source of slowdown in the file chooser.

When I browse my images the thumbnail generate automatically, where can I disable it?

You can set the filesize limit for thumbnailing to 0 in the preferences dialog. But I wonder why you would want to do that.

Sven

Sven Neumann
2004-11-04 10:26:15 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Hi,

Carol Spears writes:

i mentioned that the filechoose is really really slow. i blamed gtk, specifically (as i was corrected) it is the gui-manager. and it is slow the second, third and more times ....

Carol, you are confusing things here. The fact that the file-chooser appears somewhat slow is not at all related to GtkUiManager. The ui-manager is what is delays creation of image windows.

Sven

Carol Spears
2004-11-04 16:52:55 UTC (over 19 years ago)

On Thu, Nov 04, 2004 at 10:26:15AM +0100, Sven Neumann wrote:

Hi,

Carol Spears writes:

Carol, you are confusing things here. The fact that the file-chooser appears somewhat slow is not at all related to GtkUiManager. The ui-manager is what is delays creation of image windows.

okay, explain that to yosh.

carol