RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Greeting card

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Greeting card MrBryant71 07 Dec 21:00
  Greeting card Akkana Peck 09 Dec 01:10
   Greeting card MrBryant71 09 Dec 15:01
2015-12-07 21:00:41 UTC (over 8 years ago)
postings

Greeting card

Hello everyone! I was wondering if any of my fellow gimp user can tell me how to create greeting cards using gimp 2.8? Thank you in advance!

Akkana Peck
2015-12-09 01:10:21 UTC (over 8 years ago)

Greeting card

MrBryant71 writes:

Hello everyone! I was wondering if any of my fellow gimp user can tell me how to create greeting cards using gimp 2.8? Thank you in advance!

I wrote a greeting card tutorial back in 2009: http://www.linuxplanet.com/linuxplanet/tutorials/6925/1/ Old, but I don't think much has changed. The important points are:

1. Make a canvas the size of your printed sheet -- US Letter or A9 or whatever; then think about how the paper will be folded, and put your image on the correct half.

2. Make sure you understand the difference between pixel resolution and print size, so you don't start with a small image that's going to be fuzzy when you print it.

The rest is just up to your creativity and GIMP skills. Have fun!

...Akkana

2015-12-09 15:01:18 UTC (over 8 years ago)
postings

Greeting card

MrBryant71 writes:
I wrote a greeting card tutorial back in 2009: http://www.linuxplanet.com/linuxplanet/tutorials/6925/1/ Old, but I don't think much has changed. The important points are:

1. Make a canvas the size of your printed sheet -- US Letter or A9 or whatever; then think about how the paper will be folded, and put your image on the correct half.

2. Make sure you understand the difference between pixel resolution and print size, so you don't start with a small image that's going to be fuzzy when you print it.

The rest is just up to your creativity and GIMP skills. Have fun!

...Akkana

Thanks for your help I will definitely apply what you've just shared with me! I am excited!