RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Black and White

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

6 of 6 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Black and White Richard 29 Oct 04:55
  Black and White Justin Gombos 14 Dec 19:09
   Black and White Carol Spears 14 Dec 20:10
   Black and White Andreas Waechter 14 Dec 20:30
    Black and White Carol Spears 14 Dec 20:37
   Black and White Alan Horkan 14 Dec 20:53
Richard
2004-10-29 04:55:29 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Black and White

I was wondering, is there some more plug-ins or scripts, for working with Black and White images?

if so, where can I download them?

Thanks - Richard

Justin Gombos
2004-12-14 19:09:38 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Black and White

* Richard [2004-10-29 00:14]:

I was wondering, is there some more plug-ins or scripts, for working with Black and White images?

Did you ever get an answer to that Richard? I'm looking for the same thing. Specifically, I need to convert a newspaper that was scanned as a grayscale image to a black and white monochrome 1 bit image. I need a tool that's as intelligent as a scanner in making the background white.

Carol Spears
2004-12-14 20:10:58 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Black and White

On Tue, Dec 14, 2004 at 11:09:38AM -0700, Justin Gombos wrote:

Did you ever get an answer to that Richard? I'm looking for the same thing. Specifically, I need to convert a newspaper that was scanned as a grayscale image to a black and white monochrome 1 bit image. I need a tool that's as intelligent as a scanner in making the background white.

this unfortunately does not answer Richards question. the tools to do what he needs are all with gimp already, he just needs to spend sometime playing with the color tools.

you asked a specific question that is easily answered.

Tools -->Color -->Histogram

carol

Andreas Waechter
2004-12-14 20:30:10 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Black and White

> Specifically, I need to convert a newspaper that was scanned

as a grayscale image to a black and white monochrome 1 bit image. I need a tool that's as intelligent as a scanner in making the background white.

Right-Click - Tools - Color Tools - Threshold

cu, Andreas

Carol Spears
2004-12-14 20:37:28 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Black and White

On Tue, Dec 14, 2004 at 08:30:10PM +0100, Andreas Waechter wrote:

Specifically, I need to convert a newspaper that was scanned as a grayscale image to a black and white monochrome 1 bit image. I need a tool that's as intelligent as a scanner in making the background white.

Right-Click - Tools - Color Tools - Threshold

that is what i get for not checking the tools and relying on my memory. there is a histogram associated with the tool, but the tool is named Threshold as Andreas has typed here.

corrected, carol

Alan Horkan
2004-12-14 20:53:27 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Black and White

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004, Justin Gombos wrote:

Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 11:09:38 -0700 From: Justin Gombos
To: List - Gimp User
Subject: [Gimp-user] Re: Black and White

Try Image, Mode, Indexed

then choose: Use Black and White (1-bit) Palette

There are other way too, try them as they are all useful depending on what you really want.

Sincerely

Alan Horkan http://advogato.org/person/AlanHorkan/