RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

python-fu grid plugin

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

python-fu grid plugin Fernando Sancho 28 Oct 19:00
  python-fu grid plugin Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris 28 Oct 20:19
   python-fu grid plugin Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris 28 Oct 21:53
    python-fu grid plugin Sven Neumann 29 Oct 00:36
Fernando Sancho
2004-10-28 19:00:31 UTC (over 19 years ago)

python-fu grid plugin

Hi

I'm having problems with pdb.plug_in_grid. This function works ok if applied on an indexed image, but fails (only draws vertical lines) if applied on a RGB image.

What's wrong?

Regards.

Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris
2004-10-28 20:19:10 UTC (over 19 years ago)

python-fu grid plugin

On Thursday 28 October 2004 15:00, Fernando Sancho wrote:

Hi

I'm having problems with pdb.plug_in_grid. This function works ok if applied on an indexed image, but fails (only draws vertical lines) if applied on a RGB image.

What's wrong?

EEEK!! :-)

Bug in the grid.c plug-in. I will see if it is something I can fix - anyway, if you want, you acan open a bugzilla bug for it already - bugzilla.gnome.org

I already could verify it is not python-fu related - it is a problem in the plug-in itself.

Regards, JS
->

Regards.

Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris
2004-10-28 21:53:56 UTC (over 19 years ago)

python-fu grid plugin

On Thursday 28 October 2004 16:19, Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris wrote:

On Thursday 28 October 2004 15:00, Fernando Sancho wrote:

Hi

What's wrong?

EEEK!! :-)

Bug in the grid.c plug-in. I will see if it is something I can fix - anyway, if you want, you acan open a bugzilla bug for it already - bugzilla.gnome.org

I already could verify it is not python-fu related - it is a problem in the plug-in itself.

Regards, JS
->

I managed to fix it.
I attached a patch to bug #156750 - http://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=156750

The plug-in was just ignoring the alpha parameter passed in the calls, letting in grabage in it's place. So, sometimes the call would work, sometimes don't.

Regards,
JS
->

Sven Neumann
2004-10-29 00:36:13 UTC (over 19 years ago)

python-fu grid plugin

Hi,

"Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris" writes:

I managed to fix it.
I attached a patch to bug #156750 - http://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=156750

The plug-in was just ignoring the alpha parameter passed in the calls, letting in grabage in it's place. So, sometimes the call would work, sometimes don't.

The fact that the script passes garbage is not exactly the fault of the plug-in. Colors passed via the PDB do actually have an alpha channel. But since this is a seldomly used feature and since the grid API is documented to use the opacity values, your fix seems like the right thing to do.

Sven