RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

printing, was: commercial use

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

commercial use Michal Adamec 26 Oct 15:29
  commercial use Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris 26 Oct 14:36
   printing, was: commercial use Roberto Winter 27 Oct 07:39
Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris
2004-10-26 14:36:32 UTC (over 19 years ago)

commercial use

On Tuesday 26 October 2004 11:29, Michal Adamec wrote:

Hi,
can I use the GIMP in my company (as an substitute for Photoshop) for creating newspaper design? The newspaper is not free but daily sold. Does GPL allows it or must I purchase Photoshop?

Thanks,

Yes, you can.

The GPL clearly states that you can use GPLed programs anyway you like This includes using content generated by such a program anyway \you like.

This is just a non-issue. Go on.

JS ->

Michal Adamec
2004-10-26 15:29:08 UTC (over 19 years ago)

commercial use

Hi,
can I use the GIMP in my company (as an substitute for Photoshop) for creating newspaper design? The newspaper is not free but daily sold. Does GPL allows it or must I purchase Photoshop?

Thanks,

-- #============================#=#==#
I Michal Adamec alias emsy (( )) I
I emsy at matfyz.cz o^o I
I http://emsy.matfyz.cz/ ` ` I
#=================================#

Roberto Winter
2004-10-27 07:39:28 UTC (over 19 years ago)

printing, was: commercial use

Yep, guess he is right, you can use it like that. *However*... Despite being the single BEST open source program I have seen so far (has never crashed on my computer, NEVER!!); I have to addmit gimp is not very good when it comes to printing.... Well, at least that is my experience, correct me if I'm wrong. I thought I'd fire this up on this thread so that maybe more people would reply. :)

How are your printing experiences??? Last time I had to throw a lot of paper away trying to get things right and in the end I wasn't completely satisfied. Apparently using CMYK (meaning: not gimp) enabled software produces better results. Another issue I had was monitor calibration. Window$ (as far as I remember) has lots of tools like that, and I found none for the Linux/Gimp combo. Perhaps you can help me out here! And probably convince Michael to use Gimp instead of wasting $$. :D Thanks a lot,
by the way, and this I have to repeat, gimp IS the best software for linux I have found so far, congratulations to all the developers. Roberto.

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 10:36:32 -0200, Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris wrote:

On Tuesday 26 October 2004 11:29, Michal Adamec wrote:

Hi,

Thanks,

Yes, you can.

The GPL clearly states that you can use GPLed programs anyway you like This includes using content generated by such a program anyway \you like.

This is just a non-issue. Go on.

JS ->