RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Changing color range (again)

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Changing color range (again) wim delvaux 26 Oct 02:06
  Changing color range (again) Brion Vibber 26 Oct 03:01
  Changing color range (again) Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris 26 Oct 04:47
wim delvaux
2004-10-26 02:06:17 UTC (over 19 years ago)

I know this has been asked before and I have tried several of the proposed solutions but all to no avail.

I have an icon that consists of a blue ball with a light effect on it. The light effect creates various shades of that ball's uniform color.

The edge of the ball is blurred and has an alpha channel that mixes the shaded color to the background color (whatever that is).

What I would like to do now is change the base color of that ball to green.

I tried colormap rotation, curves, indexes, etc etc. I need more help being a VERY BIG newbie on the gimp.

I am using 2.0 pre 4

W

Brion Vibber
2004-10-26 03:01:42 UTC (over 19 years ago)

On Oct 25, 2004, at 5:06 PM, wim delvaux wrote:

I have an icon that consists of a blue ball with a light effect on it. The
light effect creates various shades of that ball's uniform color.

The edge of the ball is blurred and has an alpha channel that mixes the shaded color to the background color (whatever that is).

I would generally use the Hue-Saturation tool for this (in Layer/Colors menu). Turn the 'Hue' slider to the left until it's sufficiently green.

You might also try the 'Colorize' tool in the same menu.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)

Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris
2004-10-26 04:47:50 UTC (over 19 years ago)

On Monday 25 October 2004 22:06, wim delvaux wrote:

I know this has been asked before and I have tried several of the proposed solutions but all to no avail.

I have an icon that consists of a blue ball with a light effect on it. The light effect creates various shades of that ball's uniform color.

I tried colormap rotation, curves, indexes, etc etc. I need more help being a VERY BIG newbie on the gimp.

I am using 2.0 pre 4

Layers->Colors->Hue & Saturation, change Hue. If this doesn't work, just use the selection tools for letting off the parts you don't want to be affected by the hue change.

Or, filters->colors->channel mixer. If this doesn't work as you desire, just use the selection tools for letting off the parts you don't want to be affected by the hue change.

Regards,
And yes, please...upgrade your GIMP when you can. :-)

JS ->

W