RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Automatically stroking all paths

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

CAMf0S8VZfmmR_iAAELxuxe=hVE... 01 Aug 11:26
  Automatically stroking all paths rich 01 Aug 11:26
   Automatically stroking all paths Steve Kinney 01 Aug 20:51
rich
2015-08-01 11:26:24 UTC (over 8 years ago)

Bob gmail.com> writes:

Hi,
I have a process where I create about 15 paths on a drawing, in their own layer. I then need to stroke each path. Is there a good way to script this so that Gimp does the stroking of all paths automatically, rather than my having to pick each one separately?

Thanks

-bob

you could try
stroke-visible-paths-0.6.py
from ofnuts scripts
http://sourceforge.net/projects/gimp-path-tools/files/scripts/

second one down

Steve Kinney
2015-08-01 20:51:08 UTC (over 8 years ago)

On 08/01/2015 07:26 AM, rich wrote:

Bob gmail.com> writes:

you could try
stroke-visible-paths-0.6.py
from ofnuts scripts
http://sourceforge.net/projects/gimp-path-tools/files/scripts/

Another couple of possibilities:

1) In the Paths dock, make sure all the paths you want to stroke are visible, right click in the paths dock and do 'merge visible paths.' Select and copy the resulting path, then do control-z to undo the merge. Right click in the paths dock paste the merged paths back in as a path layer of their own and stroke that.

2) Or use Inkscape for the vector art parts of the project; it's designed for that purpose and works very well. Any pixel based art you need for your images can be made in the GIMP and imported into Inkscape. I normally use PNG files for that, because they use lossless compression and have an alpha channel for transparency.

Inkscape can import paths exported from the GIMP, and exports images in many formats at any size required, i.e. PNG files that can be imported as layers to any GIMP XCF file in progress.

Inkscape includes the best software tutorials I have seen: A set of SVG documents that open in Inkscape, so you can doodle on the pages and edit the examples provided as you read. These are located in the help menu.

:o)

Steve