RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Component taking the entire width of the page. -- STILL working

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

5 of 5 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Component taking the entire width of the page. John N. Alegre 30 Sep 23:46
  Component taking the entire width of the page. -- MORE John N. Alegre 01 Oct 00:18
  Component taking the entire width of the page. -- STILL working John N. Alegre 01 Oct 00:24
   Component taking the entire width of the page. -- STILL working Andreas Waechter 01 Oct 00:35
    Component taking the entire width of the page. -- STILL working John N. Alegre 01 Oct 00:44
John N. Alegre
2004-09-30 23:46:20 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Component taking the entire width of the page.

I am trying to put up a line of buttons on the left side of a page using components. I want them to come up on the left side, below the top logo image (kinda like the old frames way).

After I add the component and try to put a text layout to the right of that component the text box goes below the compent because the component occupies the entire width of the page and thus won't allow me to have anything to the right of it.

Maybe the question is how does one use a component for a left side navigation area and then be able to include the body in the main area of the page (to the right of the nav)?

I have put a layout in the compent.html and optimized the layout. This does nothing.

If this is a HTML tweak can someone help me with the tweak

Can someone help? I do not want to go back to frames.

john

John N. Alegre
2004-10-01 00:18:47 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Component taking the entire width of the page. -- MORE

On Thursday 30 September 2004 16:46, John N. Alegre wrote:

I am trying to put up a line of buttons on the left side of a page using components. I want them to come up on the left side, below the top logo image (kinda like the old frames way).

After I add the component and try to put a text layout to the right of that component the text box goes below the compent because the component occupies the entire width of the page and thus won't allow me to have anything to the right of it.

Maybe the question is how does one use a component for a left side navigation area and then be able to include the body in the main area of the page (to the right of the nav)?

I have put a layout in the compent.html and optimized the layout. This does nothing.

If this is a HTML tweak can someone help me with the tweak

I tried this HTML tweak.

(changed this to "360") goes here

As noted above I tried to change the w="1156" csref to w="360". When I did this, clicked back to "Layout" and back to source this csref was again w="1156".

Still stumped!
john

John N. Alegre
2004-10-01 00:24:00 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Looking at the source AFTER the page has been saved and I quit GoLive this looks like a needed tweak in /web-content/GeneratedItems/CScriptLib.js.

Anyone know what it is or any other fix to this issue?

Peace and thanks. john

Andreas Waechter
2004-10-01 00:35:22 UTC (over 19 years ago)

John N. Alegre wrote:

Looking at the source AFTER the page has been saved and I quit GoLive this looks like a needed tweak in /web-content/GeneratedItems/CScriptLib.js.

Are you sure you want to post this stuff on the GIMP users list?

If so, please explain what this has to do with GIMP.

Andreas

John N. Alegre
2004-10-01 00:44:34 UTC (over 19 years ago)

On Thursday 30 September 2004 17:35, Andreas Waechter wrote:

Looking at the source AFTER the page has been saved and I quit GoLive this looks like a needed tweak in
/web-content/GeneratedItems/CScriptLib.js.

Are you sure you want to post this stuff on the GIMP users list?

If so, please explain what this has to do with GIMP.

mia culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa

Wrong list.