RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Gimp Features Suggestion

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Gimp Features Suggestion Sigmascape1@cs.com 30 Sep 21:20
  Gimp Features Suggestion Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris 30 Sep 22:16
  Gimp Features Suggestion Sven Neumann 30 Sep 22:44
Gimp Features Suggestion William Skaggs 01 Oct 17:27
Sigmascape1@cs.com
2004-09-30 21:20:22 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Gimp Features Suggestion

Hi guys,

In future versions of GIMP, I'd love to see a filter or series of filters, that would help the user (especially the beginner) to turn digital photos into 'hand-drawn' images. I realize that with some talent and experience, a good GIMP user can already do this, but I am just thinking in terms of a feature that would strike a non-GIMP user, and possibly make them want to at least try the software. Just a thought.

Thanks!

MLF

--------

Sigmascape Interactive www.sigmascape.com

Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris
2004-09-30 22:16:56 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Gimp Features Suggestion

On Thursday 30 September 2004 16:20, Sigmascape1@cs.com wrote:

Hi guys,

In future versions of GIMP, I'd love to see a filter or series of filters, that would help the user (especially the beginner) to turn digital photos into 'hand-drawn' images. I realize that with some talent and experience, a good GIMP user can already do this, but I am just thinking in terms of a feature that would strike a non-GIMP user, and possibly make them want to at least try the software. Just a thought.

Thanks!

Hah!
The GIMP developers are __fast__.
Your feature is implemented even __before__ you asked for it!

Users of the development series can, at any time they want, go to filters->artistic->cartoonize to achieve what you are asking for.

Regards! JS
->

MLF

Sven Neumann
2004-09-30 22:44:15 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Gimp Features Suggestion

Hi,

Sigmascape1@cs.com writes:

There are such filters already. Did you try the filters in the Artistic category, especially Gimpressionist?

Sven

William Skaggs
2004-10-01 17:27:33 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Gimp Features Suggestion

MLF wrote:

That wouldn't be so hard to do, but here's the thing: when such a tool exists, however nicely it works, if it is used often then people come to recognize its "signature", and it steadily comes to look less and less interesting and more and more artificial. That's pretty much what has happened with the easy-to-use "artistic" filters in PhotoShop -- they look like cheap fakes to most people nowadays. I think in the long run it is better to force people to use a little taste and creativity if they want to produce a hand-drawn appearance.

Best, -- Bill

______________ ______________ ______________ ______________ Sent via the KillerWebMail system at primate.ucdavis.edu