RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

problem with gimp

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

problem with gimp Alana Hoff 10 Mar 19:13
  problem with gimp John McCormack 11 Mar 11:32
Alana Hoff
2015-03-10 19:13:00 UTC (about 9 years ago)

problem with gimp

When I try to save my templates that are alphas they will not save to pictures though I use the proper ending. They come white or colors instead of the alpha texture when I export them. sometimes If I export them tga they will work not all the time. Can you help please. I have a lot of work I did and is not useless to me. thanks in advance. Alana Hoff

John McCormack
2015-03-11 11:32:03 UTC (about 9 years ago)

problem with gimp

Can you explain a little more please? What format (ending) are you specifying when you export the images? If you use .jpg for example your alpha channel will not take effect and transparent pixels will be replace with whatever was the background colour when you exported the image (default is usually white). If you export as .png and do not have a background layer turned-on/visible then the image should export properly with transparent pixels.

Take care,

John McCormack

On 10 March 2015 at 19:13, Alana Hoff wrote:

When I try to save my templates that are alphas they will not save to pictures though I use the proper ending. They come white or colors instead of the alpha texture when I export them. sometimes If I export them tga they will work not all the time. Can you help please. I have a lot of work I did and is not useless to me. thanks in advance. Alana Hoff
_______________________________________________ gimp-user-list mailing list
List address: gimp-user-list@gnome.org List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list List archives: https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list

Take care,

John McCormack