RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

AMD Vs intel

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

AMD Vs intel knowthyself 29 Jan 13:23
  AMD Vs intel + Questions to PC knowthyself 29 Jan 14:00
2015-01-29 13:23:38 UTC (about 9 years ago)
postings

AMD Vs intel

Hello fellow Gimp users, I have been kind of a lone wolf when it comes to GIMP have been using it for 3-4 years now and am so thankful it has grown so much. Thank you to all the people who give there time and energy to making all of this happen.

Now to my question:

I was looking at buying a new computer I have come to the point where when edit my images I am at 6-8 GB's.

I was looking at Intel I5 and AMD CPUs and I am not sure which to pick esp. regarding the Graphics card.

I was also thinking of adding 8gbs of Ram 1600

So in general I simply have questions on how my New computer should look like.

The image below shows the specks I was thinking about?

(Ps Any have exp with Biostar mobo?)

Thank you so much for your time, this isn't to organized because I don't fully know what to ask :)

2015-01-29 14:00:56 UTC (about 9 years ago)
postings

AMD Vs intel + Questions to PC

Hello fellow Gimp users, I have been kind of a lone wolf when it comes to GIMP have been using it for 3-4 years now and am so thankful it has grown so much. Thank you to all the people who give there time and energy to making all of this happen.

Now to my question:

I was looking at buying a new computer I have come to the point where when edit my images I am at 6-8 GB's.

I was looking at Intel I5 and AMD CPUs and I am not sure which to pick esp. regarding the Graphics card.

I was also thinking of adding 8gbs of Ram 1600

So in general I simply have questions on how my New computer should look like.

Another though was if I do get the i5 I would need to down the Graphics card because of money so would that be smart? Get a worse graphic cards and up to a i5?

I know in the coming up Gimp graphics cards will play a big role.

The image below shows the specks I was thinking about?

(Ps Any have exp with Biostar mobo?)

Thank you so much for your time, this isn't to organized because I don't fully know what to ask :)