RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Resizing an imaged - revisted

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Resizing an imaged - revisted HarryA 20 Nov 01:44
  Resizing an imaged - revisted Gary Aitken 21 Nov 02:04
  Resizing an imaged - revisted HarryA 22 Nov 03:24
2014-11-20 01:44:59 UTC (over 9 years ago)
postings

Hello all,

I have photo of my wife which is an up close shot of the face. Because she is near sighted the view of eyes through the tri-focual lens are made so small such that the side of the head shows through the lens.

I have removed the eyes to separate layers (left and right eye layers) when the three layers are made visible it looks like the original image.

But no matter how I try I can not resize an eye image without the other layers getting resized also. I can not un-anchor nor dissociate the eye layer from the face?

The layers are not anchored together in the layers dialog.

How does one do that?

thanks in advance, HarryA

Gary Aitken
2014-11-21 02:04:13 UTC (over 9 years ago)

On 11/19/14 18:45, HarryA wrote:

I have photo of my wife which is an up close shot of the face. Because she is near sighted the view of eyes through the tri-focual lens are made so small such that the side of the head shows through the lens.

I have removed the eyes to separate layers (left and right eye layers) when the three layers are made visible it looks like the original image.

But no matter how I try I can not resize an eye image without the other layers getting resized also. I can not un-anchor nor dissociate the eye layer from the face?

The layers are not anchored together in the layers dialog.

How does one do that?

You are probably resizing the image and not the layer.

Try this:

1. Make the left eye layer the active layer. 2. Use the rectangle select tool to make a selection around the eye and quite a bit more, but smaller than the whole image. 3. Layer / Crop to selection
4. Clear the selection (Select / None) 5. To make the layer larger:
Layer / Scale Layer

Gary

2014-11-22 03:24:22 UTC (over 9 years ago)
postings

Thanks Gary; that is what I needed!