RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

paint with color from gradient

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

5 of 6 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

paint with color from gradient Helen 16 Nov 23:11
  paint with color from gradient Olivier 17 Nov 06:43
   paint with color from gradient Helen 17 Nov 14:49
    546A12CB.1030901@dreamchase... 17 Nov 16:05
     paint with color from gradient Helen 17 Nov 16:05
    paint with color from gradient Gary Aitken 17 Nov 15:41
Helen
2014-11-16 23:11:38 UTC (over 9 years ago)

I used to know how to paint with color from gradient. Various help sites say hoose the dynamics Color From Gradient, but I haven't been able to find that option. How can I use airbrush with Color from Gradient? Thanks,

Helen Etters
using Linux, suse12.3
Olivier
2014-11-17 06:43:14 UTC (over 9 years ago)

2014-11-17 0:11 GMT+01:00 Helen :

I used to know how to paint with color from gradient. Various help sites say hoose the dynamics Color From Gradient, but I haven't been able to find that option. How can I use airbrush with Color from Gradient? Thanks,

​When the airbrush tool is selected, look in its options in the bottom part of the window. Click the icon on the left of "Dynamics" to open the menu of available dynamics.​

Olivier Lecarme
Helen
2014-11-17 14:49:29 UTC (over 9 years ago)

But there is nothing in the matrix that says says Color from Gradient. The closest thing I can find is Random color. In gimp 2.6 there is a tick-box for Color from Gradient and it makes a graceful predictable gradual flow from one color to another. Can we still do that, in 2.8?
Thank you,

On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 1:43 AM, Olivier wrote:

I used to know how to paint with color from gradient. Various help sites say hoose the dynamics Color From Gradient, but I haven't been able to find
that option. How can I use airbrush with Color from Gradient? Thanks,

​When the airbrush tool is selected, look in its options in the bottom part of the window. Click the icon on the left of "Dynamics" to open the menu of available dynamics.​

-- Olivier Lecarme

Helen Etters
using Linux, suse12.3
Gary Aitken
2014-11-17 15:41:13 UTC (over 9 years ago)

On 11/17/14 07:49, Helen wrote:

But there is nothing in the matrix that says says Color from Gradient. The closest thing I can find is Random color. In gimp 2.6 there is a tick-box for Color from Gradient and it makes a graceful predictable gradual flow from one color to another. Can we still do that, in 2.8?

Hmmm, on my 2.8 version it's item #5 in the drop-down. In the matrix, it would be row 4 (color) and column 7 (fade).

Are you seeing something different?

I used to know how to paint with color from gradient. Various help sites say hoose the dynamics Color From Gradient, but I haven't been able to find

Helen
2014-11-17 16:05:02 UTC (over 9 years ago)

ok thanks I finally found that. Playing with the fade length helps, but it still doesn't behave like "Color from Gradient" in 2.6. What should be in the text box to the right of the icon? I sit here with gimp 2.8 on my desktop and 2.6 on my laptop, same two colors, and I can't get 2.8 to make a smooth gradual transition like 2.6 does. I'm trying different settings in the text box to the right of the icon. "Fade tapering" seems to get the closest.

On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 10:22 AM, Gary Aitken wrote:

On 11/17/14 07:49, Helen wrote:

But there is nothing in the matrix that says says Color from Gradient.

The

closest thing I can find is Random color. In gimp 2.6 there is a

tick-box

for Color from Gradient and it makes a graceful predictable gradual flow from one color to another. Can we still do

that,

in 2.8?

Hmmm, on my 2.8 version it's item #5 in the drop-down. In the matrix, it would be row 4 (color) and column 7 (fade).

Are you seeing something different?

I used to know how to paint with color from gradient. Various help

sites

say hoose the dynamics Color From Gradient, but I haven't been able to find

Helen Etters
using Linux, suse12.3