RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

reconstitute photo

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

reconstitute photo Vareta 19 Sep 10:52
  reconstitute photo Alexandre Prokoudine 19 Sep 10:56
   reconstitute photo Vareta 19 Sep 11:17
    reconstitute photo Simon Budig 19 Sep 11:46
2014-09-19 10:52:39 UTC (over 9 years ago)
postings

reconstitute photo

Hello, I have a problem with a photo, my daughter edited the photo with Windows Paint and inserted a rectangle and a filled black ball and then when he left the recorded picture .... How can I retrieve the photo?
They told me it was possible to do it with GIMP, no expert, but I've tried some filters but without results. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Alexandre Prokoudine
2014-09-19 10:56:16 UTC (over 9 years ago)

reconstitute photo

On Fri, Sep 19, 2014 at 2:52 PM, Vareta wrote:

Hello, I have a problem with a photo, my daughter edited the photo with Windows Paint and inserted a rectangle and a filled black ball and then when he left the recorded picture ....
How can I retrieve the photo?

You can't. Unless you have the original unedited file around, it's gone.

However, if the area is small, you might want to try Resynthesizer.

http://www.logarithmic.net/pfh/resynthesizer

Alex

2014-09-19 11:17:29 UTC (over 9 years ago)
postings

reconstitute photo

I have not the original.
Yes, it was exactly about this plugin you told me, i already have it and have tried various ways but without success. I'm no expert in photo editing, but I thought that the changes made to a photo were kept in "layers", and the base despite not being visible were still stored in the photo file. But I have seen that I was wrong.
Thanks anyway for your help.

Simon Budig
2014-09-19 11:46:47 UTC (over 9 years ago)

reconstitute photo

Vareta (forums@gimpusers.com) wrote:

Yes, it was exactly about this plugin you told me, i already have it and have tried various ways but without success. I'm no expert in photo editing, but I thought that the changes made to a photo were kept in "layers", and the base despite not being visible were still stored in the photo file.

This depends on the software used as well on the way the software is used.

In Windows Paint there is no support for layers.

Bye, Simon

simon@budig.de              http://simon.budig.de/