RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Unable To Download GIMP

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Unable To Download GIMP Peter Giardina 18 Aug 20:42
  Unable To Download GIMP Owen 18 Aug 21:33
   Unable To Download GIMP Partha Bagchi 18 Aug 22:19
   Unable To Download GIMP Ofnuts 18 Aug 22:33
Peter Giardina
2014-08-18 20:42:04 UTC (over 9 years ago)

Unable To Download GIMP

GIMP sounds like just the program I am looking for since my Power PC graphics software will not run on my new Mac Mini which is running OS X 10.9.2.

However, I have not been able to download the software. Each time I try, the file in the downloads folder has an X on it. As a side note, I am encountering the same problem with Scribus.

I even tried changing system preferences to accept downloads from any source, but the result was the same.

Is there some kind of secret method for downloading your software? There must be a way to do it because I would guess it has been downloaded successfully in the past. Would you please help me download this software?

One other point, it took me two days to find out how to get a message to someone who might be able to help. I couldn't find a 'contact us' or support option on the web site. I still do not know if this message will actually get to anyone who can help.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Peter Giardina

Sent from my iPad

Owen
2014-08-18 21:33:51 UTC (over 9 years ago)

Unable To Download GIMP

GIMP sounds like just the program I am looking for since my Power PC graphics software will not run on my new Mac Mini which is running OS X 10.9.2.

However, I have not been able to download the software. Each time I try, the file in the downloads folder has an X on it. As a side note, I am encountering the same problem with Scribus.

I even tried changing system preferences to accept downloads from any source, but the result was the same.

Is there some kind of secret method for downloading your software? There must be a way to do it because I would guess it has been downloaded successfully in the past. Would you please help me download this software?

One other point, it took me two days to find out how to get a message to someone who might be able to help. I couldn't find a 'contact us' or support option on the web site. I still do not know if this message will actually get to anyone who can help.

Where did you try downloading it from? It should have been;

http://download.gimp.org/pub/gimp/v2.8/windows/gimp-2.8.10-setup.exe

Owen
Partha Bagchi
2014-08-18 22:19:16 UTC (over 9 years ago)

Unable To Download GIMP

Seriously? The OP is using a Mac and you are directing him to a Windows download? :)

On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 5:33 PM, Owen wrote:

-- Owen

_______________________________________________ gimp-user-list mailing list
List address: gimp-user-list@gnome.org List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list List archives: https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list

Ofnuts
2014-08-18 22:33:39 UTC (over 9 years ago)

Unable To Download GIMP

On 18/08/14 23:33, Owen wrote:

Er, the OP is using OSX, so the Windows installer won't cut it :)

Question to the OP: URL used to download the file?