RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

GIMP TOOLS NOT FUNCTIONING Windows 8.1 x64

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

5 of 5 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

GIMP TOOLS NOT FUNCTIONING Windows 8.1 x64 Chaz 29 Jun 07:52
  GIMP TOOLS NOT FUNCTIONING Windows 8.1 x64 Sven Claussner 29 Jun 08:49
  GIMP TOOLS NOT FUNCTIONING Windows 8.1 x64 Ofnuts 29 Jun 16:48
   GIMP TOOLS NOT FUNCTIONING Windows 8.1 x64 Chaz 30 Jun 08:20
    GIMP TOOLS NOT FUNCTIONING Windows 8.1 x64 rich2005 30 Jun 10:39
2014-06-29 07:52:00 UTC (almost 10 years ago)
postings

I am able to square crop images but am not able to use any of the editing tools such as Pencil or Paint or Airbrush etc. My needs are for a photo editor app are very simple -- just to be able to very lightly touch up small image blemishes and crop precisely. If anyone has any insight into why the tools are not functioning please advise. Thank you,
Chaz

Sven Claussner
2014-06-29 08:49:23 UTC (almost 10 years ago)

Hi,

without knowing more we can just guess. Can you please describe the steps to reproduce, including what you did right before?

Kind regards,

Sven

On 29. Juni 2014 09:52:00 MESZ, Chaz wrote:

I am able to square crop images but am not able to use any of the editing tools
such as Pencil or Paint or Airbrush etc. My needs are for a photo editor app are
very simple -- just to be able to very lightly touch up small image blemishes
and crop precisely. If anyone has any insight into why the tools are not
functioning please advise.
Thank you,
Chaz

--
Chaz (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)
_______________________________________________ gimp-user-list mailing list
List address: gimp-user-list@gnome.org List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list List archives: https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list

Diese Nachricht wurde von meinem Android-Mobiltelefon mit K-9 Mail gesendet.
Ofnuts
2014-06-29 16:48:07 UTC (almost 10 years ago)

On 29/06/14 09:52, Chaz wrote:

I am able to square crop images but am not able to use any of the editing tools such as Pencil or Paint or Airbrush etc. My needs are for a photo editor app are very simple -- just to be able to very lightly touch up small image blemishes and crop precisely. If anyone has any insight into why the tools are not functioning please advise.
Thank you,
Chaz

Try this checklist:
http://gimpforums.com/thread-when-suddenly-nothing-seems-to-work-anymore

2014-06-30 08:20:42 UTC (almost 10 years ago)
postings

In response to:
"Try this checklist:
"

Ok re: Item 1 of the checklist-- (for which I was highly unsure or completely ignorant of the meaning of several terms)-- does this "selection" (although I have no idea what it happens that the term "the selection" is being used to specify in this instance) carry over and resume it's preclusive functions even after closing and restarting the program --?

I've also included a brief .mp4 screen capture video of what I'm attempting and the steps I'm taking to execute.

Thank you for your time etc. Chaz

rich2005
2014-06-30 10:39:15 UTC (almost 10 years ago)

In response to:
"Try this checklist:
"

I've also included a brief .mp4 screen capture video of what I'm attempting and the steps I'm taking to execute.

Thank you for your time etc. Chaz

You are using the (empty) clipboard for your brush. see: http://docs.gimp.org/2.8/en/gimp-tool-heal.html which says "To use it, first choose a brush with a size adapted to the defect. Then Ctrl-click on the area you want to reproduce"

For that image, I would use one of the fuzzy brushes.

Might also explain why none of the paint tools work for you.