RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

blur face neatly

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

8 of 8 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

blur face neatly jojo8 15 Jun 10:48
  blur face neatly Alexandre Prokoudine 15 Jun 11:03
   blur face neatly jojo8 15 Jun 11:11
    blur face neatly Alexandre Prokoudine 15 Jun 11:16
     blur face neatly jojo8 15 Jun 11:38
      blur face neatly Owen 15 Jun 11:50
       blur face neatly jojo8 15 Jun 23:02
      blur face neatly Ofnuts 15 Jun 19:45
2014-06-15 10:48:47 UTC (almost 10 years ago)
postings

blur face neatly

Hi I have just started using gimp. I wonder if it is possible to blur a selected area of a photo, such as the face after using the intelligent scissors. I have tried several times but can't seem to get it! After you have selected an area with the intelligent scissors is it possible to change the area inside, for example by burring etc? Thanks.

Alexandre Prokoudine
2014-06-15 11:03:19 UTC (almost 10 years ago)

blur face neatly

On Sun, Jun 15, 2014 at 2:48 PM, jojo8 wrote:

Hi I have just started using gimp. I wonder if it is possible to blur a selected area of a photo, such as the face after using the intelligent scissors. I have tried several times but can't seem to get it! After you have selected an area with the intelligent scissors is it possible to change the area inside, for example by burring etc? Thanks.

It works exactly as you described: select something, then apply a filter. Try it.

Alexandre

2014-06-15 11:11:22 UTC (almost 10 years ago)
postings

blur face neatly

Sorry to sound dense, but I have tried and am not sure exactly how to do it. I am completely new to editing software. Can you give step by step instructions. I have clicked on the areas I want selected with the intelligent scissors, but when I click on Gaussian blur from filters nothing happens anywhere. The problem may be that I am not finishing off the selection properly with the intelligent scissors. I have clicked the outline I want but after that how do you know it has been selected properly so you can apply a filter?

It works exactly as you described: select something, then apply a filter. Try it.

Alexandre

Alexandre Prokoudine
2014-06-15 11:16:13 UTC (almost 10 years ago)

blur face neatly

On Sun, Jun 15, 2014 at 3:11 PM, jojo8 wrote:

The problem
may be that I am not finishing off the selection properly with the intelligent scissors. I have clicked the outline I want but after that how do you know it has been selected properly so you can apply a filter?

http://docs.gimp.org/en/gimp-tool-iscissors.html explains how to use it.

If you have an animated border (called "marching ants") around the area you wanted to select, then you selection is done.

Alexandre

2014-06-15 11:38:43 UTC (almost 10 years ago)
postings

blur face neatly

Okay thanks, I did not have the animated border. It has worked but the Gaussian blur is not enough. i want it more blurred. I keep re-applying the filter but it is not blurring completely.

>http://docs.gimp.org/en/gimp-tool-iscissors.html explains how to use

it.

If you have an animated border (called "marching ants") around the area you wanted to select, then you selection is done.

Alexandre

Owen
2014-06-15 11:50:33 UTC (almost 10 years ago)

blur face neatly

Set the blur radius to 100 for example and see if that is what you want.

Ctrl + Z to get back to the original and try anither setting

Owen

> Okay thanks, I did not have the animated border. It has worked but the
> Gaussian
> blur is not enough. i want it more blurred. I keep re-applying the
> filter but it
> is not blurring completely.
>
>  >http://docs.gimp.org/en/gimp-tool-iscissors.html explains how to use
>>it.
>>
>>If you have an animated border (called "marching ants") around the
>>area you wanted to select, then you selection is done.
>>
>>Alexandre
>
Ofnuts
2014-06-15 19:45:22 UTC (almost 10 years ago)

blur face neatly

On 15/06/14 13:38, jojo8 wrote:

Okay thanks, I did not have the animated border. It has worked but the Gaussian blur is not enough. i want it more blurred. I keep re-applying the filter but it is not blurring completely.

Try Filters>Blur>Pixelize

2014-06-15 23:02:35 UTC (almost 10 years ago)
postings

blur face neatly

Thanks, I''ve now been able to do it!

Set the blur radius to 100 for example and see if that is what you want.

Ctrl + Z to get back to the original and try anither setting