RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Wacom weakness

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Wacom weakness Khiraly 06 Sep 03:50
  Wacom weakness Sven Neumann 06 Sep 10:43
   Wacom weakness Khiraly 06 Sep 15:16
Khiraly
2004-09-06 03:50:05 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Wacom weakness

Hi,

(edit: maybe I send fourth time, but I have not received this email, what I have sended 3 days ago)

A wacom weakness I have found:

It is almost impossible to click on brush/pattern/gradient window and release to make it pop up the bush-select dialog. When I push my pen's tip once, it reacts like it was a drag, I my wacom tablet thinks I will keep it pulling pushed down. It even starts to blink when I touch it. Look at the screenshot:
http://www.pvvbitech.hu/fotok/gimpWacom.png

Note: It does not happen with the small dockable windows, since I altered the ~/.gtkrc-2.0 file, setting dnd-drag-threshold value to 300.

I would appreciate any help.

Best regards, Khiraly

ps: my wacom tablet is a intuos2

Sven Neumann
2004-09-06 10:43:38 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Wacom weakness

Hi,

Khiraly writes:

A wacom weakness I have found:

It is almost impossible to click on brush/pattern/gradient window and release to make it pop up the bush-select dialog. When I push my pen's tip once, it reacts like it was a drag, I my wacom tablet thinks I will keep it pulling pushed down. It even starts to blink when I touch it. Look at the screenshot: http://www.pvvbitech.hu/fotok/gimpWacom.png

There might be ways to improve this behaviour. Please file an enhancement request in Bugzilla.

However I don't understand why you are using this akward brush/pattern/gradient thing in the toolbox at all. Just keep the relevant selection widgets in your standard docks setup and you should never need to click there again.

Sven

Khiraly
2004-09-06 15:16:36 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Wacom weakness

Hi!

2004-09-06, h keltezéssel 10:43-kor Sven Neumann ezt írta:

There might be ways to improve this behaviour. Please file an enhancement request in Bugzilla.

I have filled a request in Bugzilla, the number is #151969.

Best regards, Khiraly