RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Problem with colorify & Hue-Saturation

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Problem with colorify & Hue-Saturation OonaghG 08 Apr 08:48
  Problem with colorify & Hue-Saturation devvv 08 Apr 11:59
  Problem with colorify & Hue-Saturation Ofnuts 12 Apr 11:04
2014-04-08 08:48:06 UTC (about 10 years ago)
postings

I have an RGB image (as set by Image-Mode) which is currently black & shades of grey. I want to alter this, in its entirety, so it is blue & shades of blue (a specific colour of blue).

I have tried to vary Hue-Saturation and to colorify (manual says colorify should work on RGB) but although the tools come up on screen, when I adjust the colours in the dialog box my image does not change (I have preview turned on).

2014-04-08 11:59:29 UTC (about 10 years ago)
postings

I have an RGB image (as set by Image-Mode) which is currently black & shades of grey.
I want to alter this, in its entirety, so it is blue & shades of blue (a specific colour of blue).

I have tried to vary Hue-Saturation and to colorify (manual says colorify should work on RGB) but although the tools come up on screen, when I adjust the colours in the dialog box my image does not change (I have preview turned on).

The maybe easiest way to do this is to create a new layer atop the Background layer. Fill it entirely with the color of your choice. Then set the lays more to "Color".

Ofnuts
2014-04-12 11:04:26 UTC (about 10 years ago)

On 04/08/2014 10:48 AM, OonaghG wrote:

I have an RGB image (as set by Image-Mode) which is currently black & shades of grey.
I want to alter this, in its entirety, so it is blue & shades of blue (a specific colour of blue).

Method 1: Create a gradient from your darkest blue to your lightest blue, and use Colors/Map/Gradient map.

Method 2: Add a new layer above the grayscale one, bucket-fill it with your lightest blue, and set it to "multiply" mode.