RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Lighten / Darken tool is where?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

5 of 5 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Lighten / Darken tool is where? pfaoro 07 Mar 16:19
  Lighten / Darken tool is where? Pat David 07 Mar 16:23
  Lighten / Darken tool is where? Olivier 07 Mar 16:24
  Lighten / Darken tool is where? scl 07 Mar 16:29
   Lighten / Darken tool is where? pfaoro 07 Mar 16:51
2014-03-07 16:19:52 UTC (about 10 years ago)
postings

I've found most of the tools I want (color balance / lasso, etc.) but I can't find the tool to lighten / darken images, selections, or layers. Where can I find such a tool? Is it in a drop-down? what is it called? is it a toolbox icon?

Thanks!

Pat David
2014-03-07 16:23:23 UTC (about 10 years ago)

Under the "Colors" menu there are many different options for adjusting these parameters (Color Balance, Hue-Saturation, Colorize, Brightness-Contrast, Threshold, Levels, Curves, etc.....)

Note that these will be applied to the currently selected layer.

On Fri, Mar 7, 2014 at 10:19 AM, pfaoro wrote:

I've found most of the tools I want (color balance / lasso, etc.) but I can't
find the tool to lighten / darken images, selections, or layers. Where can I
find such a tool? Is it in a drop-down? what is it called? is it a toolbox icon?

Thanks!

--
pfaoro (via www.gimpusers.com/forums) _______________________________________________ gimp-user-list mailing list
List address: gimp-user-list@gnome.org List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list List archives: https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list

pat david
http://blog.patdavid.net
Olivier
2014-03-07 16:24:13 UTC (about 10 years ago)

2014-03-07 17:19 GMT+01:00 pfaoro :

I've found most of the tools I want (color balance / lasso, etc.) but I can't
find the tool to lighten / darken images, selections, or layers. Where can I
find such a tool? Is it in a drop-down? what is it called? is it a toolbox icon?

Colors -> Levels or Colors -> Curves

Olivier Lecarme
scl
2014-03-07 16:29:46 UTC (about 10 years ago)

On 7.3.2014 at 5:19 PM pfaoro wrote:

I've found most of the tools I want (color balance / lasso, etc.) but I can't find the tool to lighten / darken images, selections, or layers. Where can I find such a tool? Is it in a drop-down? what is it called? is it a toolbox icon?

We have three tools for this:
- for the easy way: the Brightness/Contrast Tool, - for the intermediate way: the Levels Tool, - for the expert way: the Curves Tool.

You find them in the toolbox, in the Colors menu or in the Tools/Color Tools menu.

Kind regards,

Sven

2014-03-07 16:51:38 UTC (about 10 years ago)
postings

To all who replied, thank you very much; your help is sincerely appreciated

On 7.3.2014 at 5:19 PM pfaoro wrote: We have three tools for this:
- for the easy way: the Brightness/Contrast Tool, - for the intermediate way: the Levels Tool, - for the expert way: the Curves Tool.

You find them in the toolbox, in the Colors menu or in the Tools/Color Tools menu.

Kind regards,

Sven