RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Texturing 3D object problems

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 1 message available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Texturing 3D object problems Crs Mrn 06 Mar 09:59
Crs Mrn
2014-03-06 09:59:35 UTC (about 10 years ago)

Texturing 3D object problems

Hi. I am an user of Blender and Gimp. In Gimp, I met some problems with texturing. I am trying to follow the tutorial which I linked here http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?329319-Painting-Textures-in-Blender-and-Gimp .

It is for Photoshop, and using the same techniques in Gimp gives me problems. So...here is my pipeline and the problem. 1. I export the UV snapshot from Blender and load it in Gimp. 2. I load a texture image in a new layer, let's say a wooden texture. 3. I place the image above a desired UV shell. 4. I select the UV snapshot layer, then with the magic wand selection tool, I select the region outside the shells. 5. With the selection active, I select the texture layer then press delete. 6. The texture outside the shells get deleted. However, the texture covers some unwanted shells, resulting some texture scraps. 7. With the rectangle sellection box and the texture layer selected, I select the scraps then press delete. The problem is that nothing happens. What I done wrong? How to fix this?
How to texture in Gimp?