RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Undo the last actions of a recently opened file

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Undo the last actions of a recently opened file Johnny Rosenberg 01 Mar 19:11
  Undo the last actions of a recently opened file Alexandre Prokoudine 01 Mar 19:46
Johnny Rosenberg
2014-03-01 19:11:14 UTC (about 10 years ago)

I create an image from a few pictures. I make the whole thing black and white and I add some more effects.
I save the image, it ends up as a XCF file. Good, that's what I want. Next day I want to use the same image but want to get the colours back. However, it seems like my undo history is gone. I thought that saving as XCF would mean that I could continue my work later, undoing, redoing,manipulating etc.

So can I do this at all? If so, how?

Johnny Rosenberg

Alexandre Prokoudine
2014-03-01 19:46:12 UTC (about 10 years ago)

On Sat, Mar 1, 2014 at 11:11 PM, Johnny Rosenberg wrote:

However, it seems like my undo history is gone. I thought that saving as XCF would mean that I could continue my work later, undoing, redoing,manipulating etc.

Not yet. XCF preserves only layers, channels, and paths. Saving history of changes will be doable once the GEGL port is complete.

Alexandre