RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

GIMP ignores dpi?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

GIMP ignores dpi? Phillip Susi 25 Feb 20:21
  GIMP ignores dpi? Simon Budig 25 Feb 21:06
   GIMP ignores dpi? Phillip Susi 25 Feb 21:55
    GIMP ignores dpi? Michael Schumacher 25 Feb 22:05
Phillip Susi
2014-02-25 20:21:59 UTC (about 10 years ago)

GIMP ignores dpi?

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE----- Hash: SHA1

You need to disable the "Dot for Dot" item in the "View" menu, this is enabled by default.

Thanks, that did the trick.

In the future though, when replying to discussions on public mailing lists, please use your mail client's reply-to-all function. I am not subscribed to this mailing list so I did not get your reply until I decided to check the archives, which do not provide the full headers so this reply is now part of a broken thread, and the archive also annoyingly obscures email addresses, making crafting this reply a pain.

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE----- Version: GnuPG v2.0.17 (MingW32)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Thunderbird - http://www.enigmail.net/

iQEcBAEBAgAGBQJTDPtnAAoJEI5FoCIzSKrwuTEH+wYid896BeKfFnPm8SeOwLk/ VeU+grSWQz68NSbIgffJcGBDzhEilxc0cptxL6glW3tinNcyg0W4+9DCMQ8KvtSu LiSnbN3t6mhJuQKJ5mLJIzn7gU4ehM2HBKJSlPDP/luBPOIIJvdlWvpk1Rmi66+7 RMzbo6b2FJ6G2AcMlLDF03QWOgRZD+L+RVz5/8eQUtnzA+2XRd8SaspQkgi4TGXb QraCQRUopQFbadm5uuuDbexhQCQp213OHwOGUjvF/FIiDSLnaCgczVe/e04ob9kW JQEEeaOTBlkm4g5JxYqTNlRYGpWhAs7K+RsmIGOkgSveZeHPN/ewd7Ee+pbnPNk= =q9AR
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

Simon Budig
2014-02-25 21:06:44 UTC (about 10 years ago)

GIMP ignores dpi?

Phillip Susi (psusi@ubuntu.com) wrote:

In the future though, when replying to discussions on public mailing lists, please use your mail client's reply-to-all function. I am not subscribed to this mailing list so I did not get your reply until I decided to check the archives, which do not provide the full headers so this reply is now part of a broken thread, and the archive also annoyingly obscures email addresses, making crafting this reply a pain.

Sorry, I won't change that. I don't want to encourage that a public mailinglist gets used as a substitute for a support mail address. If someone asks for help on this list I'll assume that they want to participate. Personally receiving doubled mails in my inbox (because I *do* subscribe to lists) annoys me.

I see that there are mailinglists where the sheer volume of mail can be prohibitive for this - and this is a good reason to use extensive CCing (see linux kernel lists), but gimp-user is not among these.

CC'ing you for obvious reasons, but won't change my behaviour here :)

Bye, Simon

simon@budig.de              http://simon.budig.de/
Phillip Susi
2014-02-25 21:55:45 UTC (about 10 years ago)

GIMP ignores dpi?

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE----- Hash: SHA1

On 2/25/2014 4:06 PM, Simon Budig wrote:

Sorry, I won't change that. I don't want to encourage that a public mailinglist gets used as a substitute for a support mail address. If someone asks for help on this list I'll assume that they want to participate. Personally receiving doubled mails in my inbox (because I *do* subscribe to lists) annoys me.

Then you should configure your mail client to set the reply-to: header to point to the mailing list address, then when others reply to you, you won't get the second copy. Or, if the mailing list supports it, configure the mailing list to not send you the second copy when it sees you are already a recipient.

In fact, this message seems to have set the reply-to: header. I'm guessing you didn't do that and the mailing list added it for you, in which case, using reply-to-all on this list only sends it to the list, not the original poster, thus you should use reply-to-all in case someone *wants* the direct reply, and they set the header to get it.

The bug here seems to be that the list did not consider unsubscribed posters when deciding to add the header to direct replies to the list only.

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE----- Version: GnuPG v2.0.17 (MingW32)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Thunderbird - http://www.enigmail.net/

iQEcBAEBAgAGBQJTDRFhAAoJEI5FoCIzSKrw9hkH/17Fkxh1w9c+BbdPnJQxMDAe EjlO8S85iyhfkIW9YzwXYLMSuKkl5XtAdoW1IE1H1NJWBHibv18xEkGKCMGuwbCo Q87RwsEuNLhPMSviu3Ycurn38Ql2lwbTRbYG5J8MqBNv2wiHtXBqsUMeiGOrNron xn3DlbwXteWbc1KWR2p1qogM5vt6ufkfJJcKYqj8xsaEQQowGY339jfHbQrOCLI/ U4f0/uKLKgOEk6dJmXWdrALfME6/VbKv5zGooRCCrMR9XRvRxaMntET9ELtRDVIV oBdeGG/c/J9mqaPEee5k+SYbpvS8pYCi00NW7jALmWWP33yfjptY5NELnhnahwc= =l9wV
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

Michael Schumacher
2014-02-25 22:05:49 UTC (about 10 years ago)

GIMP ignores dpi?

On 25.02.2014 22:55, Phillip Susi wrote:

On 2/25/2014 4:06 PM, Simon Budig wrote:

The bug here seems to be that the list did not consider unsubscribed posters when deciding to add the header to direct replies to the list only.

It is not really expected that non-subscribed users reply to list messages - an initial unsubscribed post might be ok, but then we expect people to subscribe to the list.

Usually, I use the List reply feature of my mail client, and when I encounter one that doesn't have this (e.g. some web mail frontends), I use Reply all and then remove all but the list address from the message.

Regards,
Michael
GPG: 96A8 B38A 728A 577D 724D 60E5 F855 53EC B36D 4CDD