RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Default tool windows when launching

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Default tool windows when launching JLuc 12 Jan 09:47
  Default tool windows when launching scl 12 Jan 13:00
   Default tool windows when launching JLuc 12 Jan 13:25
JLuc
2014-01-12 09:47:11 UTC (over 10 years ago)

Hello,

i'm using gimp 2.8.6 on unbuntu 13.10

each time i launch Gimp, there is absolutely NO visible tool and i have to open the toolbox window and open the ("dockable" ?) tabbed options window.

is there an easy way to have these windows open at start ?

JL

scl
2014-01-12 13:00:21 UTC (over 10 years ago)

On 12.1.2014 at 10:47 AM JLuc wrote:

each time i launch Gimp, there is absolutely NO visible tool and i have to open the toolbox window and open the ("dockable" ?) tabbed options window.

Hi,

yes, there is.

1. Press the TAB key to show toolbox and dockable dialogs. 2. In the Preferences dialog go to 'Window management' and either press 'Save window positions now' or check 'Save window positions on exit'.

Kind regards,

Sven

JLuc
2014-01-12 13:25:46 UTC (over 10 years ago)

Le 12/01/2014 14:00, scl a crit :

On 12.1.2014 at 10:47 AM JLuc wrote:

Hi,

yes, there is.

1. Press the TAB key to show toolbox and dockable dialogs. 2. In the Preferences dialog go to 'Window management' and either press 'Save window positions now' or check 'Save window positions on exit'.

OK, thanks, i managed the thing !

Strangely, the "Save window positions on exit" was allready checked so i'm not sure it works...
but i pressed the "Save window positions now" (with tool windows being open) and now they open when launching gimp. So its fine.

JLuc