RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Cage Tool Suggestions

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Cage Tool Suggestions meteorquake 03 Jan 12:12
  Cage Tool Suggestions Alexandre Prokoudine 03 Jan 12:32
   Cage Tool Suggestions meteorquake 03 Jan 12:35
2014-01-03 12:12:17 UTC (over 10 years ago)
postings

Cage Tool Suggestions

Currently the cage tool recalculates the transformation with every point I change. This can be terribly slow for every point moved.

What I imagine would be good therefore would be to have an option for how the transformation is previewed -

1. None - useful for moving many points; might not be necessary if 2 below works well 2. Low-Res - useful for getting the transformation almost right without incurring exasperating delays 3. Full Quality - final checks and tweaks

(It would also be a useful extra to mark key points and see how they move, but not quite so necessary as having a low-res preview option)

Also an option if feasible to transform what's outside the cage also?

thanks so much!

david

Alexandre Prokoudine
2014-01-03 12:32:23 UTC (over 10 years ago)

Cage Tool Suggestions

On Fri, Jan 3, 2014 at 4:12 PM, meteorquake wrote:

Currently the cage tool recalculates the transformation with every point I change. This can be terribly slow for every point moved.

What I imagine would be good therefore would be to have an option for how the transformation is previewed -

1. None - useful for moving many points; might not be necessary if 2 below works well
2. Low-Res - useful for getting the transformation almost right without incurring exasperating delays
3. Full Quality - final checks and tweaks

(It would also be a useful extra to mark key points and see how they move, but not quite so necessary as having a low-res preview option)

Also an option if feasible to transform what's outside the cage also?

There's another option: not trying to do as many calculations as now :)

The developer has it in plans, he's just not active in the project right now.

Alexandre

2014-01-03 12:35:32 UTC (over 10 years ago)
postings

Cage Tool Suggestions

Thanks so much for the quick response and the future plans! I'll wait patiently :)
All the best for the year,
david
(Edinburgh)