RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

runtime error

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

runtime error tracyd80 23 Oct 08:08
  runtime error scl 02 Nov 12:15
2013-10-23 08:08:58 UTC (over 10 years ago)
postings

runtime error

Hi all, wondering if you know what is causing / how to fix this problem. I've been using gimp for a couple of years with no problems, doing minor image editing. The last couple of days though, it has been crashing with 'run time errors' I get a bit of work done then it crashes, today there was no error message it just froze up then closed. I uninstalled and reinstalled a newer version yesterday but it is doing the same thing. Help? Thanks

scl
2013-11-02 12:15:39 UTC (over 10 years ago)

runtime error

On 2.11.2013 at 1:13 PM tracyd80 wrote:

Hi all, wondering if you know what is causing / how to fix this problem. I've been using gimp for a couple of years with no problems, doing minor image editing. The last couple of days though, it has been crashing with 'run time errors' I get a bit of work done then it crashes, today there was no error message it just froze up then closed. I uninstalled and reinstalled a newer version yesterday but it is doing the same thing. Help?

Without further information I have no clue what causes this anomaly on your computer.
Please post the output of 'gimp --verbose' and then let's see. You find a short howto in the [GIMP developer wiki]. If the output is more than ca. 10 KB, please post the output somewhere else and add a link here.
Please post the exact messages at crash time here, too (in English).

What color depth does your graphics card use?

Kind regards,

Sven

[GIMP developer wiki] http://wiki.gimp.org/index.php/Users:Tips#Getting_and_posting_the_output_of_gimp_--verbose