RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Mouse+Brush Cursor not responding

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Mouse+Brush Cursor not responding neuro 17 Sep 03:18
  Mouse+Brush Cursor not responding Tobias Lunte 17 Sep 07:26
   Mouse+Brush Cursor not responding neuro 17 Sep 13:29
2013-09-17 03:18:19 UTC (over 10 years ago)
postings

When I move my mouse over my image the brush cursor is not moving and it will not let me click on my image (with the mouse) the crosshair/cursor will follow it, however the brush will not, nor will any other tools, my wacom tablet however works fine.

I thought it must be something to do with GIMP accepting input but its not going as of yet.

Tobias Lunte
2013-09-17 07:26:34 UTC (over 10 years ago)

I have the same problem since 2.8, though not with a wacom, but with a hanvon-tablet. For me it helps to move the cursor onto one of the docks and reenter the image every time I switch pointing device. (Win7 64-bit, running gimp in 32-bit because of missing 64-bit driver for my tablet) (and yes, you should also give this info) bw,
Tobias

neuro wrote:

When I move my mouse over my image the brush cursor is not moving and it will
not let me click on my image (with the mouse) the crosshair/cursor will follow
it, however the brush will not, nor will any other tools, my wacom tablet
however works fine.

I thought it must be something to do with GIMP accepting input but its not going
as of yet.

--
neuro (via www.gimpusers.com/forums) _______________________________________________ gimp-user-list mailing list
List address: gimp-user-list@gnome.org List membership: https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user-list

--
Sent from my Nokia 3310

2013-09-17 13:29:22 UTC (over 10 years ago)
postings

I have the same problem since 2.8, though not with a wacom, but with a hanvon-tablet. For me it helps to move the cursor onto one of the docks and reenter the image every time I switch pointing device. (Win7 64-bit, running gimp in 32-bit because of missing 64-bit driver for my tablet) (and yes, you should also give this info) bw,
Tobias

neuro wrote:
--
Sent from my Nokia 3310

I seemed to manage to fix the problem by going into input devices, turning everything to disabled, then re-enabling them one by one and checking it, not sure what it was, but everything is fixed now.