RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

gimp help menu

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

8 of 8 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Gimp help menu Stephen Gladstone 13 Aug 06:15
  Gimp help menu Sven Neumann 14 Aug 01:51
gimp help menu stepg 14 Aug 17:39
  gimp help menu Sven Neumann 14 Aug 18:19
   gimp help menu stepg 14 Aug 20:02
    gimp help menu Sven Neumann 14 Aug 21:55
     gimp help menu Michael Schumacher 15 Aug 00:08
      gimp help menu Sven Neumann 15 Aug 00:24
Stephen Gladstone
2004-08-13 06:15:18 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Gimp help menu

Hi to Gimp users,
Downloaded gimp a month ago and enjoy using it. Get lots of great advice from reading on line tuts and reading all your mails. Me being a newbie this helped as at first it all seemed a bit daunting, i did not even know what open source meant :-) Anyways i digress i am using gimp 2.0.3 and i reacently downloaded helpfiles and installed without any probs but when i click on help menu the busy icon comes up for a few seconds and then nothing no error messages no help. If i go into the help directory and double click on one of the files it comes up in my internet browser like it should do if i where to click on the help menu. I think the solution is probably something to do with my browser, i am using mozilla thunderbird. Thanks

Sven Neumann
2004-08-14 01:51:17 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Gimp help menu

Hi,

Stephen Gladstone writes:

Hi to Gimp users,
Downloaded gimp a month ago and enjoy using it. Get lots of great advice from reading on line tuts and reading all your mails. Me being a newbie this helped as at first it all seemed a bit daunting, i did not even know what open source meant :-) Anyways i digress i am using gimp 2.0.3 and i reacently downloaded helpfiles and installed without any probs but when i click on help menu the busy icon comes up for a few seconds and then nothing no error messages no help. If i go into the help directory and double click on one of the files it comes up in my internet browser like it should do if i where to click on the help menu. I think the solution is probably something to do with my browser, i am using mozilla thunderbird.

Your mail has quite an interesting text layout...

What's the setting for the help-browser in the prefs dialog?

Sven

stepg
2004-08-14 17:39:16 UTC (over 19 years ago)

gimp help menu

Hi Sven,
Thank's for taking time to answer.The setting in prefs dialog is set to web browser, if i change it to internal i get-could not find Gimp help browser procedure.It probablywas not compiled because you dont have GtkHtml installed. Im not sure what happend to text layout i have just started using Thunderbird for mail.
Stephen

Sven Neumann
2004-08-14 18:19:41 UTC (over 19 years ago)

gimp help menu

Hi,

stepg writes:

The setting in prefs dialog is set to web browser.

Well, and what's the setting for the web broswer?

Sven

stepg
2004-08-14 20:02:33 UTC (over 19 years ago)

gimp help menu

Sven Neumann wrote:

Hi,

stepg writes:

The setting in prefs dialog is set to web browser.

Well, and what's the setting for the web broswer?

Sven

Okay now i am going from stupid to really stupid but i have the setting set to web browser, i cant find any means to change this to a specific browser. Firefox is set as my default browser . Stephen.

Sven Neumann
2004-08-14 21:55:23 UTC (over 19 years ago)

gimp help menu

Hi,

stepg writes:

Okay now i am going from stupid to really stupid but i have the setting set to web browser, i cant find any means to change this to a specific browser. Firefox is set as my default browser.

Right below the Help Browser configuration there's an entry that allows you to specify what Web Browser to use. You will want to put the proper call there, something like for example "mozilla %s".

Sven

Michael Schumacher
2004-08-15 00:08:38 UTC (over 19 years ago)

gimp help menu

Sven Neumann wrote:

Hi,

stepg writes:

Okay now i am going from stupid to really stupid but i have the setting set to web browser, i cant find any means to change this to a specific browser. Firefox is set as my default browser.

Right below the Help Browser configuration there's an entry that allows you to specify what Web Browser to use. You will want to put the proper call there, something like for example "mozilla %s".

This might be platform-dependent - e.g. on Win32, there is nothing else than the dropdown box... which seems to be kind of redundant, too, because there is no internal help on this platform.

HTH, Michael

Sven Neumann
2004-08-15 00:24:27 UTC (over 19 years ago)

gimp help menu

Hi,

Michael Schumacher writes:

This might be platform-dependent - e.g. on Win32, there is nothing else than the dropdown box... which seems to be kind of redundant, too, because there is no internal help on this platform.

I don't see any reason why the internal help browser shouldn't build on the Win32 platform. I might be wrong but I'd be surprised if libgtkhtml2 can't be build on Win32.

Sven