RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Another Plugin Question

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Another Plugin Question Gail 13 Aug 03:29
  Another Plugin Question Carol Spears 13 Aug 04:10
   Another Plugin Question Gail 13 Aug 05:13
    Another Plugin Question Carol Spears 13 Aug 08:20
Gail
2004-08-13 03:29:31 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Another Plugin Question

Greetings Again,

Does anyone know of a Debian apt-get repository for Gimp plugins and resources?

Peace,
Gail

Carol Spears
2004-08-13 04:10:44 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Another Plugin Question

On Thu, Aug 12, 2004 at 06:29:31PM -0700, Gail wrote:

Greetings Again,

apt-cache search gimp | more yields this (and more):

gimageview - Image Viewer using GTK+ gimp - The GNU Image Manipulation Program, stable version 2.0 gimp-cbmplugs - plugins for The GIMP v2.0 to import/export Commodore 64 files gimp-data - Data files for The GIMP, stable version 2.0 gimp-data-extras - An extra set of brushes, palettes, and gradients for The GIMP
gimp-dimage-color - GIMP plugin to convert Minolta DiMAGE pictures to sRGB colour space
gimp-help-common - Data files for the GIMP documentation gimp-help-de - Documentation for the GIMP (German) gimp-help-en - Documentation for the GIMP (English) gimp-help-fr - Documentation for the GIMP (French) gimp-help-sv - Documentation for the GIMP (Swedish) gimp-helpbrowser - Built-in Help Browser plugin for The GIMP, stable version 2.0
gimp-manual - Manual for the GNU Image Manipulation Program gimp-python - Python support and plugins for The GIMP, stable version 2.0 gimp-svg - SVG plugin for The GIMP, stable version 2.0 gimp1.2 - Transitional dummy package for upgrading The GIMP gimp2.0-quiteinsane - A Qt based SANE plugin for GIMP 2.0 gimpprint-doc - Users' Guide for Gimp-Print and CUPS gimpprint-locales - Locale data files for Gimp-Print

i am using debian-sid, so unstable and testing might have a smaller list.

there is also google and using gimptool to install them one at a time.

carol

Gail
2004-08-13 05:13:08 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Another Plugin Question

On Thursday 12 August 2004 07:10 pm, Carol Spears wrote:

On Thu, Aug 12, 2004 at 06:29:31PM -0700, Gail wrote:

Greetings Again,

apt-cache search gimp | more yields this (and more):

gimageview - Image Viewer using GTK+ gimp - The GNU Image Manipulation Program, stable version 2.0 gimp-cbmplugs - plugins for The GIMP v2.0 to import/export Commodore 64 files gimp-data - Data files for The GIMP, stable version 2.0 gimp-data-extras - An extra set of brushes, palettes, and gradients for The GIMP
gimp-dimage-color - GIMP plugin to convert Minolta DiMAGE pictures to sRGB colour space
gimp-help-common - Data files for the GIMP documentation gimp-help-de - Documentation for the GIMP (German) gimp-help-en - Documentation for the GIMP (English) gimp-help-fr - Documentation for the GIMP (French) gimp-help-sv - Documentation for the GIMP (Swedish) gimp-helpbrowser - Built-in Help Browser plugin for The GIMP, stable version 2.0
gimp-manual - Manual for the GNU Image Manipulation Program gimp-python - Python support and plugins for The GIMP, stable version 2.0 gimp-svg - SVG plugin for The GIMP, stable version 2.0 gimp1.2 - Transitional dummy package for upgrading The GIMP gimp2.0-quiteinsane - A Qt based SANE plugin for GIMP 2.0 gimpprint-doc - Users' Guide for Gimp-Print and CUPS gimpprint-locales - Locale data files for Gimp-Print

i am using debian-sid, so unstable and testing might have a smaller list.

there is also google and using gimptool to install them one at a time.

carol

Thank you, I do have all of these, they came up through a search in apt-get. I asked the question because I have noticed that there are some folks that keep apt-get repositories to help folks like me out.

Peace, Gail

Carol Spears
2004-08-13 08:20:51 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Another Plugin Question

On Thu, Aug 12, 2004 at 08:13:08PM -0700, Gail wrote:

Thank you, I do have all of these, they came up through a search in apt-get. I asked the question because I have noticed that there are some folks that keep apt-get repositories to help folks like me out.

first thing is, i was confused. debian sid == debian unstable, sorry.

it is easier just to use gimptool to install plug-ins. to get the gimptool you need to have the developer version of libgimp installed "libgimp2.0-dev" is what debian calls it. to use gimptool, typing "gimptool --help" is the easiest thing, so i never committed the typing sequence into my memory.

actually, there was talk about having gimptool work like apt ....

also, gimp is built by people who run debian, so if you should ever think it to be fun or interesting to build your own gimp, it should be no problem for you. actually there is one cool reason, adding the color tools back into the toolbox. it is an easy hack and even if the code has changed since i wrote this page, you can easily search for the line and follow these instructions:
http://carol.gimp.org/gimp/hacks/source/getthetoolsout.html you can have a cooler gimp than anyone getting binaries from their distribution.

it has been more fun for me to learn to use gimp than learn how to use debian, although, learning debian was not bad.

did i answer your question?

carol