RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Strange error running Gimp (undefined symbol: pango_ft2_font_map_new)

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 1 message available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Strange error running Gimp (undefined symbol: pango_ft2_font_map_new) Panos Kassianidis 07 Jul 18:27
Panos Kassianidis
2004-07-07 18:27:23 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Strange error running Gimp (undefined symbol: pango_ft2_font_map_new)

Hallo everybody,

I have recently updated from Suse 8.2 to Suse 9.1 and Gimp was also therefore updated to version 2.0. When I tried to run Gimp for the first time it launched the configuration window but no words where to be seen on this window. Only the images were visible. After blindly completing the initial setup by hitting Next all the time, gimp starts loading its various plugins and at a point crashes printing the following message

gimp: error while loading shared libraries: gimp: undefined symbol: pango_ft2_font_map_new

I tried to reinstall both gimp and pango but it didn't work. Does anyone have any idea in what could have caused this error and what can I do to solve it? I would be grateful.

Thank you very much

Panos Kassianidis