RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Mandrake install

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Mandrake install squareyes 30 Jun 14:52
  Mandrake install Owen Cook 30 Jun 23:49
   Mandrake install Gaston Garcia 01 Jul 00:52
    Mandrake install Patrick Shanahan 01 Jul 01:24
squareyes
2004-06-30 14:52:11 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Mandrake install

Just a short one,
have installed Gimp2 on Mandrake 10 (at last), it has listed itself in the Sound section of Multimedia on KDE. Any ideas why? Runs very well, very nice to use, thanks. Take Care
Winton

Owen Cook
2004-06-30 23:49:21 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Mandrake install

On Wed, 30 Jun 2004, squareyes wrote:

have installed Gimp2 on Mandrake 10 (at last), it has listed itself in the Sound section of Multimedia on KDE. Any ideas why? Runs very well, very nice to use, thanks.

How did you install it? From an RPM? Then guess the menuitem was described that way in the rpm makers setup

Just go to System->Configuration and somewhere in there you can add/delete menu items

Owen

Gaston Garcia
2004-07-01 00:52:57 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Mandrake install

I Installed it from rpm on Mandrake 10, but I'm using GNOME, not kde. It worked fine in gnome.

But In KDE you can edit the menu items... I think it's called menudrake.

gaston

On Thu, 1 Jul 2004 07:49:21 +1000 (EST), Owen Cook wrote:

On Wed, 30 Jun 2004, squareyes wrote:

have installed Gimp2 on Mandrake 10 (at last), it has listed itself in the Sound section of Multimedia on KDE. Any ideas why? Runs very well, very nice to use, thanks.

How did you install it? From an RPM? Then guess the menuitem was described that way in the rpm makers setup

Just go to System->Configuration and somewhere in there you can add/delete menu items

Owen

Patrick Shanahan
2004-07-01 01:24:31 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Mandrake install

* Gaston Garcia [06-30-04 18:07]:

I Installed it from rpm on Mandrake 10, but I'm using GNOME, not kde. It worked fine in gnome.

But In KDE you can edit the menu items... I think it's called menudrake.

do, from the command line,

rpm -qi gimp2
and you will get the information for who packaged gimp for your system. They decided to add the menu-item in a particular place. It was probably mandrake, not someone at the gimp.