RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

kde & gimp problems when zooming in

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

kde & gimp problems when zooming in Vittorio 16 Jun 15:26
  kde & gimp problems when zooming in Joao S. O. Bueno 16 Jun 15:05
  kde & gimp problems when zooming in Sven Neumann 16 Jun 15:37
Joao S. O. Bueno
2004-06-16 15:05:41 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

On Wednesday 16 June 2004 10:26, Vittorio wrote:

Context: P4, linux debian testing with boxed kde 3.2 and gimp 1.2.3.

1) I often update my linux box by means of 'apt-get update' and 'apt-get upgrade' .

Ok. Now, go there and try : apt-get update gimp

this shall bring you up to GIMP 2.0, and a step four years into the future.

(I suppose that) After one of this updating operation I'm no longer able in the gimp to zoom in an image to 1:1 by pressing only the key "1" which instead open the dialogue windows to open a file (in a nutshell 1 has become a shortcut of "file-open" !!!!!????).

Well...in GIMP 1.2.x the dynamic shortcut features is enabled by default. All you have to do is to highlight a menu option with the mouse, and press a shortcut key for it.

What mostly certain happened is that you pressed "1" while having "file open" highlighted - since if the GIMP 1.2 were updated, it would have beem to last year's 1.2.5 - not a version of 1.2.3 in which the Debian Packager would have deliberately reassigned shortcuts at random.

Just go to the view->zoom options, and reasign keys at your pleasure.

In the GIMP 2.0 the dynamic shortcuts feature comes disabled by default, and you have to enable it in preferences.

Best regards, Tchau,

JS
->

What should I do?

2)
only the shortcut '1' is clearly suggested in the zoom menu of the gimp to zoom to 1:1.
Is it possible to give other shorcuts for the other sizes (2:1 or 1:2, for instance) and how?

Ciao
Vittorio

Vittorio
2004-06-16 15:26:11 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

1) I often update my linux box by means of 'apt-get update' and 'apt-get upgrade' .
(I suppose that) After one of this updating operation I'm no longer able in the gimp to zoom in an image to 1:1 by pressing only the key "1" which instead open the dialogue windows to open a file (in a nutshell 1 has become a shortcut of "file-open" !!!!!????).

What should I do?

2) only the shortcut '1' is clearly suggested in the zoom menu of the gimp to zoom to 1:1.
Is it possible to give other shorcuts for the other sizes (2:1 or 1:2, for instance) and how?

Ciao
Vittorio

Sven Neumann
2004-06-16 15:37:13 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Hi,

Vittorio writes:

Any particular reason you are using such a terribly outdated version of The GIMP?

1)
I often update my linux box by means of 'apt-get update' and 'apt-get upgrade' .

Ctrl-1 is the shortcut for opening the recently used image. This is a shortcut in the toolbox. The shortcut '1' works with the image window focused and is the default shortcut to set the Zoom ratio to 1:1.

2) only the shortcut '1' is clearly suggested in the zoom menu of the gimp to zoom to 1:1. Is it possible to give other shorcuts for the other sizes (2:1 or 1:2, for instance) and how?

You can easily assign other shortcuts. This is explained in the startup tips.

Sven