RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Questions about 2.0

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Questions about 2.0 Judy Wilson 06 Jun 00:36
  Questions about 2.0 Sven Neumann 06 Jun 01:09
  Questions about 2.0 Carol Spears 06 Jun 06:30
  Questions about 2.0 Owen 06 Jun 13:40
Judy Wilson
2004-06-06 00:36:50 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Questions about 2.0

I have a couple of questions about differences in 2.0

1. When selecting a layer in the layer dialog, the bar is blue. But the blue bar disappers in the layer dialog when you make the image active again. What in the layer dialog then indicates the active layer? Or do I just know because of the border in the image?

2.When adding guidelines, they cannot be moved by using the move tool and having it change to a hand. Any way to move them?

I have looked at the manual, and can't find these answers. Not complaining, I really appreciate all the work done on the Gimp by volunteers!!

Judy Wilson

Sven Neumann
2004-06-06 01:09:40 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Questions about 2.0

Hi,

Judy Wilson writes:

1. When selecting a layer in the layer dialog, the bar is blue. But the blue bar disappers in the layer dialog when you make the image active again. What in the layer dialog then indicates the active layer? Or do I just know because of the border in the image?

Your GTK+ theme is severily broken. Of course the active item in the list view is supposed to be visible when the window is unfocused. Please choose a different theme for gtk+2 applications.

2.When adding guidelines, they cannot be moved by using the move tool and having it change to a hand. Any way to move them?

Check the move tool options. You probably don't have "Pick a Layer or Guide to Move" selected.

Sven

Carol Spears
2004-06-06 06:30:11 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Questions about 2.0

On Sat, Jun 05, 2004 at 04:36:50PM -0600, Judy Wilson wrote:

depending on how you have things configured, if you bring the image window to the top by clicking on the image face, the layer you clicked on might now be the active layer.

did you click on the center of the image window or on the title bar?

carol

Owen
2004-06-06 13:40:29 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Questions about 2.0

On Sat, 5 Jun 2004 16:36:50 -0600 Judy Wilson wrote:

What are you using?

Here with Mdk10 download edition and the default window manager, the same thing happens to me.

I switched to icewm and all came good again?

I note Sven's answer and will investigate how to chose another theme, not particularly obvious on this installation.

Owen