RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Question about Exif browser plug-in

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

6 of 6 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Question about Exif browser plug-in Tom Williams 23 May 20:57
  Question about Exif browser plug-in Jean-Luc Coulon (f5ibh) 23 May 21:31
   Question about Exif browser plug-in Tom Williams 23 May 22:28
  Question about Exif browser plug-in David Neary 23 May 21:48
   Question about Exif browser plug-in Tom Williams 23 May 22:30
Question about Exif browser plug-in William Skaggs 24 May 18:23
Tom Williams
2004-05-23 20:57:24 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Hi! I was installing various Gimp 2.0 plugins on Linux this morning and installed the Exif browser so I could check it out:

http://registry.gimp.org/plugin?id=4153

I can't seem to find any information on how to actually invoke the plugin to see the Exif data and I was wondering if anyone knew how to do this. :)

The doc that comes with the plugin discusses many things EXCEPT how to actually run the plugin. :)

Thanks!

Peace...

Tom

Jean-Luc Coulon (f5ibh)
2004-05-23 21:31:14 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Le 23.05.2004 20:57:24, Tom Williams a écrit :

Hi! I was installing various Gimp 2.0 plugins on Linux this morning and installed the Exif browser so I could check it out:

I can't seem to find any information on how to actually invoke the plugin to see the Exif data and I was wondering if anyone knew how to do this. :)

The doc that comes with the plugin discusses many things EXCEPT how to actually run the plugin. :)

Load the picture then from the Image window: Filters -> generic -> exif browser

-- Regards
- Jean-Luc

Thanks!

Peace...

Tom

David Neary
2004-05-23 21:48:22 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Hi Tom,

Tom Williams wrote:

I suspect it's somewhere in ->View.

To be certain, though, look for a function called "query" in the plug-in, and look for a call to a function "gimp_install_procedure". In that function call, the 7th argument is the path which is installed in the menus for the plug-in.

Alternatively, and perhaps simpler for a "normal" user, is to open the plug-in details plug-in (Xtns->Plugin details), and search for exif in the list view, then switch to the tree view to see where it is in the menu tree.

Cheers, Dave.

Tom Williams
2004-05-23 22:28:37 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Jean-Luc Coulon (f5ibh) wrote:

Le 23.05.2004 20:57:24, Tom Williams a écrit :

Load the picture then from the Image window: Filters -> generic -> exif browser

Thanks!

Peace...

Tom

Tom Williams
2004-05-23 22:30:15 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

David Neary wrote:

Hi Tom,

(snip)

Alternatively, and perhaps simpler for a "normal" user, is to open the plug-in details plug-in (Xtns->Plugin details), and search for exif in the list view, then switch to the tree view to see where it is in the menu tree.

Thanks for this info! I was able to find the plug-in and check out the Exif info. Using Xtns->Plugin details is something I'll start doing more. :)

Peace...

Tom

William Skaggs
2004-05-24 18:23:12 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Tom Williams wrote:

Nuts. It installs as Filters->Generic->Exif Browser. Thanks for pointing this out.

Best,
-- Bill

______________ ______________ ______________ ______________ Sent via the KillerWebMail system at primate.ucdavis.edu