RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Ruler units

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Ruler units Robert Arens 16 Jan 11:40
  Ruler units Noel Stoutenburg 16 Jan 14:06
  Ruler units Torsten Neuer 16 Jan 14:10
Ruler units Kevin Brubeck Unhammer 16 Jan 14:02
Robert Arens
2012-01-16 11:40:05 UTC (over 12 years ago)

Ruler units

I'm a first time GIMP user. I'm a long-time Adobe PhotoShop user. What is the default ruler units. How can I change the ruler units and divisions to whatever I want?

Kevin Brubeck Unhammer
2012-01-16 14:02:27 UTC (over 12 years ago)

Ruler units

Robert Arens writes:

I'm a first time GIMP user. I'm a long-time Adobe PhotoShop user. What is the default ruler units. How can I change the ruler units and divisions to whatever I want?

Pretty sure the default is pixels, you can see and change the unit being used in the bottom left of an image (left of the zoom level, it should say px and be a drop-down menu).

Add units under Edit→Units: http://docs.gimp.org/2.6/en/plug-in-unit-editor.html

-- Kevin Brubeck Unhammer

Noel Stoutenburg
2012-01-16 14:06:38 UTC (over 12 years ago)

Ruler units

Robert wrote:

The default unit is the pixel. You can change the ruler units for an image by selecting the button at the left hand side of the information bar at the bottom of the image viewport window.

ns

Torsten Neuer
2012-01-16 14:10:31 UTC (over 12 years ago)

Ruler units

Am 16.01.2012 12:40, schrieb Robert Arens:

(a) The default unit is pixel.
(b) When you edit an image, you may notice a selection control in the status line of the editing window for that image (with the default label "px"). Use this to select another unit for editing this image. (c) A list of available units for this selector is accessible from the "edit" menu item. Here you can switch on and off the units that are available in the unit selection control.

hth

Torsten