RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

crop: fixed aspect ratio: DIN-A4 or letter

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

crop: fixed aspect ratio: DIN-A4 or letter Thomas Güttler 13 Dec 20:53
  Find/select by color scott s. 14 Dec 03:20
   Find/select by color Steve Kinney 14 Dec 16:54
    Find/select by color scott s. 14 Dec 21:24
Thomas Güttler
2011-12-13 20:53:13 UTC (over 12 years ago)

crop: fixed aspect ratio: DIN-A4 or letter

Hi,

I think it would be great if you could fix the aspect ratio of the crop (or rectangular selction tool) to a fixed aspect ratio of common paper formats: DIN-A4, Letter, ....

Up to now I look up the values in Wikipedia and enter them.

Thomas

scott s.
2011-12-14 03:20:15 UTC (over 12 years ago)

Find/select by color

GIMP 2.6.11

I need to be able to select region by color, but I want to be able to specify the color RGB (for example, by setting the foreground color). All I can find on the tool is to select by mouse/clicking on image. Is there any way to do this? Couldn't find any likely plug-in for it.

Desired behavior is 1. Specify RGB in hex
2. Activate tool/script
3. All pixels in image with specified color are in selection (with the various selection options and threshold/aa/transparency options, though the options aren't mandatory).

scott s. .

Steve Kinney
2011-12-14 16:54:31 UTC (over 12 years ago)

Find/select by color

On 12/13/2011 10:20 PM, scott s. wrote:

GIMP 2.6.11

I need to be able to select region by color, but I want to be able to specify the color RGB (for example, by setting the foreground color). All I can find on the tool is to select by mouse/clicking on image. Is there any way to do this? Couldn't find any likely plug-in for it.

2. Activate tool/script
3. All pixels in image with specified color are in selection (with the various selection options and threshold/aa/transparency options, though the options aren't mandatory).

This work around might do it for you:

1. Duplicate the layer that has the region(s) you want to select. 2. Use Colors > Color to Alpha, enter the RGB value you want to select. 3. In the layers dialog, do Alpha to Selection on your duplicate layer. 4. Discard the duplicate layer.

This would have the same effect as using the "select by color" tool in the main toolbox and just clicking on any region that is the color you want - only the "select by color" tool has more options than the work-around and is way faster. Another option would be to make your desired color the foreground color, paint a small dot of that color somewhere on the layer where it will be easy to remove later, and use the "select by color" tool on the dot.

:o)

Steve

scott s.
2011-12-14 21:24:51 UTC (over 12 years ago)

Find/select by color

On 12/14/2011 06:54, Steve Kinney wrote:

On 12/13/2011 10:20 PM, scott s. wrote:

GIMP 2.6.11

2. Activate tool/script

This work around might do it for you:

1. Duplicate the layer that has the region(s) you want to select. 2. Use Colors> Color to Alpha, enter the RGB value you want to select. 3. In the layers dialog, do Alpha to Selection on your duplicate layer. 4. Discard the duplicate layer.

This would have the same effect as using the "select by color" tool in the main toolbox and just clicking on any region that is the color you want - only the "select by color" tool has more options than the work-around and is way faster. Another option would be to make your desired color the foreground color, paint a small dot of that color somewhere on the layer where it will be easy to remove later, and use the "select by color" tool on the dot.

Thanks. Both look like good possibilities. My application is that raster is used to store various GIS data and image-editing software in some cases works better than GIS software to modify the data.

scott s. .