RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Virus alert

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Virus alert Norma Carlson 30 Apr 21:26
  Virus alert Marco Wessel 30 Apr 23:28
  Virus alert Patrick Shanahan 01 May 01:05
Norma Carlson
2004-04-30 21:26:59 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Virus alert

I just received a virus infected email from the Gimp-user list. My ISP mail protection program caught it and quarantined it so no damage was done. Just wanted to give all a heads up.

Marco Wessel
2004-04-30 23:28:33 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Virus alert

On Fri, Apr 30, 2004 at 01:26:59PM -0600, Norma Carlson wrote:

I just received a virus infected email from the Gimp-user list. My ISP mail protection program caught it and quarantined it so no damage was done. Just wanted to give all a heads up.

No, this was a virus that set the gimp list as its sender address. I have no scanners whatsoever, and got no such e-mail.

There is no need to notify this list (or any other list, in fact) of viruses. In fact, most of us probably don't even use Windows.

Marco

Patrick Shanahan
2004-05-01 01:05:18 UTC (almost 20 years ago)

Virus alert

* Norma Carlson [04-30-04 14:18]:

Yes, I rec'd it also. But it's a windoz thing . Oh, I see. You run windoz, shame.