RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Problem script-fu gimp-text-layer-get-text

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

5 of 5 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Problem script-fu gimp-text-layer-get-text Volker Lenhardt 08 Aug 10:57
  Problem script-fu gimp-text-layer-get-text Ofnuts 08 Aug 19:00
   Problem script-fu gimp-text-layer-get-text Volker Lenhardt 08 Aug 21:21
    Problem script-fu gimp-text-layer-get-text Rob Antonishen 09 Aug 12:53
     Problem script-fu gimp-text-layer-get-text Volker Lenhardt 09 Aug 16:40
Volker Lenhardt
2011-08-08 10:57:19 UTC (over 12 years ago)

Gimp 2.6.8 on Linux openSUSE 11.3

I need to extract text and font from a text layer. No problem, I thought, with gimp-text-layer-get-text and gimp-text-layer-get-font.

But I find that the original text layer was cropped with plug-in-autocrop-layer. Nevertheless Gimp lets me edit the text with the text edit tool - after a confirmation dialog.

But I can't get the text with script-fu. Is there a way to manage it? There are many files involved.

Volker

Ofnuts
2011-08-08 19:00:47 UTC (over 12 years ago)

On 08/08/2011 12:57 PM, Volker Lenhardt wrote:

I need to extract text and font from a text layer. No problem, I thought, with gimp-text-layer-get-text and gimp-text-layer-get-font.

But I find that the original text layer was cropped with plug-in-autocrop-layer. Nevertheless Gimp lets me edit the text with the text edit tool - after a confirmation dialog.

But I can't get the text with script-fu. Is there a way to manage it? There are many files involved.

The layer name is "usually" the text contents, so instead of getting the text you can retrieve the name. Your Mileage May Vary.

Volker Lenhardt
2011-08-08 21:21:37 UTC (over 12 years ago)

Am 08.08.2011 21:00, schrieb Ofnuts:

The layer name is "usually" the text contents, so instead of getting the text you can retrieve the name. Your Mileage May Vary.

It does vary, I'm sorry for it. Thank you all the same.

Volker

Rob Antonishen
2011-08-09 12:53:46 UTC (over 12 years ago)

You can access it using sed/grep or some such tool. Opening the xcf file in a text editor, even after an autocrop, the text information remains in the following format:

(text "test text") (font "Sans")
(font-size 18.000000)
(font-size-unit pixels)
(hinting yes)
(antialias yes)
(language "en-us")
(base-direction ltr)
(color (color-rgb 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000)) (justify left)
(box-mode dynamic)
(box-unit pixels)

I posted a grep example here: http://registry.gimp.org/node/25145#comment-11229

-Rob A>

On Mon, Aug 8, 2011 at 5:21 PM, Volker Lenhardt wrote:

Volker _______________________________________________ Gimp-user mailing list
Gimp-user@lists.XCF.Berkeley.EDU
https://lists.XCF.Berkeley.EDU/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user

Volker Lenhardt
2011-08-09 16:40:57 UTC (over 12 years ago)

Am 09.08.2011 14:53, schrieb Rob Antonishen:

You can access it using sed/grep or some such tool. Opening the xcf file in a text editor, even after an autocrop, the text information remains in the following format:

(text "test text") (font "Sans")
(font-size 18.000000)
(font-size-unit pixels)
(hinting yes)
(antialias yes)
(language "en-us")
(base-direction ltr)
(color (color-rgb 0.000000 0.000000 0.000000)) (justify left)
(box-mode dynamic)
(box-unit pixels)

I posted a grep example here: http://registry.gimp.org/node/25145#comment-11229

-Rob A>

Thank you very much indeed. That's the solution. I'll make me a script to meet my needs.

Volker

On Mon, Aug 8, 2011 at 5:21 PM, Volker Lenhardt wrote:

Volker