RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

gimp-data-extras update

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

gimp-data-extras update Dave Neary 20 Jan 15:54
  gimp-data-extras update Owen 21 Jan 12:06
   gimp-data-extras update Dave Neary 21 Jan 15:03
Dave Neary
2004-01-20 15:54:45 UTC (over 20 years ago)

gimp-data-extras update

Hi all,

I was a little bored after lunch, so I updated the configure.in of gimp-data-extras to work with the 1.3 releases.

For those who want to install these with an old 1.2 gimp, the branch gimp-1-2 was created.

To get the extra brushes, patterns and gradients that were collected all those years ago, cvs co the gimp-data-extras repository on cvs.gnome.org, run autogen.sh and then make install.

Those of you using anonymous CVS will have to wait a while. Those of you who don't want to go messing in CVS will get a tarball soon.

Cheers, Dave.

Owen
2004-01-21 12:06:46 UTC (over 20 years ago)

gimp-data-extras update

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 15:54:45 +0100 Dave Neary wrote:

To get the extra brushes, patterns and gradients that were collected all those years ago, cvs co the gimp-data-extras repository on cvs.gnome.org, run autogen.sh and then make install.

Well that sort of worked, a lot of the brushes for example don't show.

reach.gbr point.gbr and bigcircle*.gbr, didn't check them all

The odd pattern I checked was there but no gradients

Dave Neary
2004-01-21 15:03:44 UTC (over 20 years ago)

gimp-data-extras update

Owen wrote:

Well that sort of worked, a lot of the brushes for example don't show.

reach.gbr point.gbr and bigcircle*.gbr, didn't check them all

All those get installed here. The names are different from the filenames though, so perhaps you just didn't notice them? reach.gbr, for example, shows up in the brushes dialog under "i pity the fool".

The odd pattern I checked was there but no gradients

This is normal - there are no palettes or gradients in gimp-data-extras (eeek!) - contributions are welcome. The patterns all seem present and accounted for, though...

Dave.