RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Resizing *many* images?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

7 of 7 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Resizing *many* images? Nick Wilson 14 Nov 00:00
  Resizing *many* images? Geoffrey 13 Nov 18:32
   Resizing *many* images? Nick Wilson 18 Nov 02:41
  Resizing *many* images? Jeff Trefftzs 13 Nov 19:44
  Resizing *many* images? David Neary 13 Nov 21:16
  Resizing *many* images? David Hodson 14 Nov 14:00
   Resizing *many* images? Nick Wilson 18 Nov 02:42
Geoffrey
2003-11-13 18:32:25 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Resizing *many* images?

Nick Wilson wrote:

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know if there is a way to 'batch resize'? - I have about 1000 images that all need to be 20% of the original size...

Many thanks!

In ksh and I think it works in bash too:

for fn in $(

convert -resize 20% $fn 20-${fn} done

listoffiles is a file containing the names of the files you want to convert. If you can define them any other way (name, location) substitute that for the file.

Jeff Trefftzs
2003-11-13 19:44:16 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Resizing *many* images?

On Thu, 2003-11-13 at 15:00, Nick Wilson wrote:

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know if there is a way to 'batch resize'? - I have about 1000 images that all need to be 20% of the original size...

Many thanks!

man ImageMagick
man convert
man mogrify

etc.

ImageMagick is your friend for this kind of job. It will convert batches of images with a simple command line interface.

For example:

for pic in *.jpg do
convert -resize 20%x20% $pic small_$pic done

HTH,

David Neary
2003-11-13 21:16:58 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Resizing *many* images?

Hi,

Nick Wilson wrote:

for i in ; do
convert -scale 20% $i small_$i
done

(in other words, I'd use ImageMagick).

Cheers, Dave.

Nick Wilson
2003-11-14 00:00:17 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Resizing *many* images?

Hi everyone,

Many thanks!

David Hodson
2003-11-14 14:00:26 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Resizing *many* images?

Nick Wilson wrote:

> Does anyone know if there is a way to 'batch resize'? - I have about > 1000 images that all need to be 20% of the original size...

If you want to stay inside Gimp, try David's Batch Processor (DBP) at http://members.ozemail.com.au/~hodsond/dbp.html It provides the most common operations, lets you set up the effect you want, then runs all your files through the same processing. Linux only, I'm afraid, although I believe there's a Windows version somewhere on the Web. Current version is for Gimp 1.2, but I've got the Gimp 1.3 version nearly ready to go.

Nick Wilson
2003-11-18 02:41:39 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Resizing *many* images?

* and then Geoffrey declared....

In ksh and I think it works in bash too:

for fn in $(

convert -resize 20% $fn 20-${fn} done

Great, that worked out just fine, thanks!

Much obliged ;-)

Nick Wilson
2003-11-18 02:42:34 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Resizing *many* images?

* and then David Hodson declared....

If you want to stay inside Gimp, try David's Batch Processor (DBP) at http://members.ozemail.com.au/~hodsond/dbp.html

Thanks, I gave it a miss for the moment but will look out for te 1.3 version! - much obliged!