RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

To Mr. Wagner: Rotating and Repositioning multiple layers

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Rotating whole image 18 degrees. Albert Wagner 24 Oct 20:52
  To Mr. Wagner: Rotating and Repositioning multiple layers Joao S. O. Bueno 25 Oct 05:52
Albert Wagner
2003-10-24 20:52:50 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Rotating whole image 18 degrees.

I am building some animation frames and have a need to rotate an image for degrees other than 90, 180, 270. All I can find to do is to use the transform tools->rotate. However, this only works on the top layer. I really hate having to apply the same procedure to each layer in turn. Is there a trick that will enable me to do this?

Joao S. O. Bueno
2003-10-25 05:52:07 UTC (over 20 years ago)

To Mr. Wagner: Rotating and Repositioning multiple layers

Hi there!

Fortunately there is an easy way to accomplish both things you asked help for, and more over: they are the same way.

GIMP has a mechanism of "linking layers". Just open the layers dialog, and click on the empty space to the right of the "eye" visibility icon and to the left of the layers name.

An icon will show up (a pointed cross for gimp 1.2 and a chain for gimp 1.3).

Select as many layers as you desire this way. These layers are linked, and transformations will affect all linked layers at any given moment.

So, if you are going to rotate all layers, just link all layers together, and proceed to transform->rotate.

Regards, JS
->

On Friday 24 October 2003 4:52 pm, Albert Wagner wrote:

I am building some animation frames and have a need to rotate an image for degrees other than 90, 180, 270. All I can find to do is to use the transform tools->rotate. However, this only works on the top layer. I really hate having to apply the same procedure to each layer in turn. Is there a trick that will enable me to do this?