RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Instaling 1.3 CVS HEAD on MDK 9.2

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 1 message available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Instaling 1.3 CVS HEAD on MDK 9.2 Joao S. O. Bueno 24 Oct 18:20
Joao S. O. Bueno
2003-10-24 18:20:42 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Instaling 1.3 CVS HEAD on MDK 9.2

Hi,

sometimes compiling the latest GIMP may seen a scary thing to do.

I just upgraded my distribution from mandrake 9.1 to 9.2 this weekend, and had finished compiling GIMP from CVS, with no major nuisance.

So, just in case there is someone around willing to make it, but afraid, here is what I had to do beyond install:

The only outdated packahe is notoriously Automake. Mandrake comes with 1.4, and you need 1.6 to build GIMP from CVS. The GIMP autongen script itself brings a link to the tar ball with it:

ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/automake/automake-1.7.3.tar.gz

All the other thing I needed, I installed smoothly through URPMI - just be sure to properly configure a contrib URPMI repository with urpmi.addmedia:
#urpmi.addmedia contrib
ftp://ftp.belnet.be/linux/Mandrake/9.2/contrib/i586 with ../../i586/Mandrake/base/hdlist2.cz

will do. The packges needed are listed as the ./configure script fails for not locating them, but they were:
intltool
libgtkhtml2_0
libgtkhtml2_0-devel
librsvg
librsvg-devel
gimpprint-devel

After which, The GIMP ./congure'd, make'd, and make install'ed gracefully.

Regards,
JS
->