RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Perl-o-tine filter and JPEG image quality

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Perl-o-tine filter and JPEG image quality Tom Williams 29 Sep 04:03
20030929191629.AE476102D6@l... 07 Oct 20:15
  Perl-o-tine filter and JPEG image quality Christopher Hicks 29 Sep 21:14
   Perl-o-tine filter and JPEG image quality Sven Neumann 29 Sep 23:49
Tom Williams
2003-09-29 04:03:28 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Hi! Is there a way to control the JPEG image quality settings for the JPEG images that can be generated by the "Perl-o-tine" filter? I'm finding the quality of the JPEGs that are generated by the filter are of lower quality than the source JPEG or XCF file used as the source for the "Perl-o-tine" filter.

I'm using Gimp 1.2.5 on Slackware 8 Linux.

Thanks!

Peace...

Tom

Christopher Hicks
2003-09-29 21:14:45 UTC (over 20 years ago)

On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 Tom Williams wrote:

Hi! Is there a way to control the JPEG image quality settings for the JPEG images that can be generated by the "Perl-o-tine" filter? I'm finding the quality of the JPEGs that are generated by the filter are of lower quality than the source JPEG or XCF file used as the source for the "Perl-o-tine" filter.

We're having the same problem with gimp on Red Hat. I would love it if someone would take the time to update this feature and I'm sure a lot of the end users would particularly appreciate it too. Our designers end up doing these things by hand or using external tools which seems like such a waste since perl-o-tine is so close to making this really pain-free to do entirely within gimp.

Sven Neumann
2003-09-29 23:49:22 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Hi,

Christopher Hicks writes:

We're having the same problem with gimp on Red Hat. I would love it if someone would take the time to update this feature and I'm sure a lot of the end users would particularly appreciate it too. Our designers end up doing these things by hand or using external tools which seems like such a waste since perl-o-tine is so close to making this really pain-free to do entirely within gimp.

Of course there's a way. Modify the source of perlotine so that it doesn't call the general gimp_file_save() function but uses file_jpeg_save() explicitely. The latter function gives you fine-grained control over the JPEG save parameters such as the quality setting.

Sven