RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Script-Fu Help

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Script-Fu Help Zeke Lightwave 26 Sep 08:20
  Script-Fu Help Jeff Trefftzs 26 Sep 19:24
   Script-Fu Help Zeke Lightwave 26 Sep 21:37
Script-Fu Help G.DeSercey@bton.ac.uk 28 Sep 12:55
Zeke Lightwave
2003-09-26 08:20:14 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Script-Fu Help

I'm trying to edit the 3D-Outline script so I can change the background to being something non-white, can anybody help me with this? I've looked at the source and tried changing the colors where it set's the bg/fg, but that didn't help . . TIA.

-Brent G

Jeff Trefftzs
2003-09-26 19:24:40 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Script-Fu Help

On Thu, 2003-09-25 at 23:20, Zeke Lightwave wrote:

I'm trying to edit the 3D-Outline script so I can change the background to being something non-white, can anybody help me with this? I've looked at the source and tried changing the colors where it set's the bg/fg, but that didn't help . . TIA.

The right place to change things is in the line that looks like this:

(gimp-palette-set-background '(255 255 255))

near the beginning of the apply-3d-outline-logo-effect function. It's at line 43.

For a quick-n-dirty fix, simply enter the RGB values for the background color you want; for a better fix, you might want to add a background color parameter that defaults to white.

I haven't tested this -- just took a quick look at the code.

HTH,

Zeke Lightwave
2003-09-26 21:37:27 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Script-Fu Help

Jeff Trefftzs wrote:

On Thu, 2003-09-25 at 23:20, Zeke Lightwave wrote:

The right place to change things is in the line that looks like this:

(gimp-palette-set-background '(255 255 255))

near the beginning of the apply-3d-outline-logo-effect function. It's at line 43.

For a quick-n-dirty fix, simply enter the RGB values for the background color you want; for a better fix, you might want to add a background color parameter that defaults to white.

I haven't tested this -- just took a quick look at the code.

HTH,

Tried that and it's still not working :-/

(gimp-selection-all img) (gimp-patterns-set-pattern text-pattern) (gimp-bucket-fill pattern PATTERN-BUCKET-FILL NORMAL 100 0 FALSE 0 0) (plug-in-bump-map noninteractive img pattern layer2 110.0 45.0 4 0 0 0 0 TRUE FALSE 0)

(set! pattern-mask (car (gimp-layer-create-mask pattern ALPHA-MASK))) (gimp-image-add-layer-mask img pattern pattern-mask)

(gimp-selection-all img) (gimp-edit-copy layer3)
(set! floating_sel (car (gimp-edit-paste pattern-mask 0))) (gimp-floating-sel-anchor floating_sel)

(gimp-image-remove-layer-mask img pattern APPLY) (gimp-invert layer3)

I know it has to be somewhere in there where the problem is :-/

G.DeSercey@bton.ac.uk
2003-09-28 12:55:43 UTC (over 20 years ago)

Script-Fu Help

-Modify all three defines to include one more parameter, as such: (define (... s-offset-y bg-colour)

-Modify the call to apply-3d-outline-logo-effect in the two (script-fu-3d-outline-... to include the same parameter: (apply-3d-outline-logo-effect ... s-offset-y bg-colour)

-In each script-fu-register, add the line: SF-COLOR _"Background Colour" '(255 255 255)) below the last SF-ADJUSTMENT ... and remove the second closing bracket at the end of that line so it reads: SF-ADJUSTMENT _"Shadow Y offset" '(0 0 200 1 5 0 1)

-Finally, in apply-3d-outline-logo-effect find the line: (gimp-invert layer 3) and add the following immediately after: (gimp-by-color-select layer3 '(255 255 255) 0 REPLACE FALSE FALSE 0 FALSE) (gimp-palette-set-background bg-colour) (gimp-edit-fill layer3 BG-IMAGE-FILL) (gimp-selection-none img)

Guillaume

-----Original Message-----
From: Zeke Lightwave [mailto:overlord_q@hotmail.com] Sent: 26 September 2003 07:20
To: gimp-user@lists.xcf.berkeley.edu Subject: [Gimp-user] Script-Fu Help

I'm trying to edit the 3D-Outline script so I can change the background
to being something non-white, can anybody help me with this? I've looked
at the source and tried changing the colors where it set's the bg/fg, but that didn't help . . TIA.

-Brent G